South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 6-5-19
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme:
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:03 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- President – Debbie Young – Toastmaster Leadership Training to be held at Maritz on June 22nd for newly elected officers. Anyone can attend sessions.
- President – Debbie Young – Announced the Club would need to vote on the new officers for next term. Brent Stewart made a motion to dispense with the secret ballot and Rob Van Winkle 2nd the motion, which was approved by Club Member attendees.
Brent moved that we vote for next term’s Officers, which was 2nd by Jim Salih and approved by the Club Members.
Congratulations to the following individuals who were voted in as Club Officers by the majority of the active Club Members:
|VP of Education||Rich Puskarich|
|VP of Membership||Sarah Xu|
|VP of PR||Donna Jordan|
|Sergeant at Arms||Zach Smelcer|
|Officer at Large||Debbie Young|
Correspondence and Announcements:
- George Kiser presented motion for next week’s meeting to be cancelled if the Stanley Cup finals go to game 7. Brent Stewart 2nd the motion. The motion was passed due to a majority of Club members voting to approve.
- Kathy Denton – July 2nd T-Rex building at 911 Washington Avenue, St. Louis she will be giving a speech regarding security compliance.
- Vic Mattison – Commended Debbie for doing such a good job with the Pathway’s training last week. Vic noted Pathways is the key to the future of our club and since everyone will have to give an Ice Breaker when they go through Pathways it should not be hard for any one of us to be able to give a last minute speech. Vic also thanked the club members for voting him in as Club President for next term.
- Sean Sheehan – Advised Club Members to be careful going home because a truck carrying watermelons wrecked wreaking havoc for individuals traveling HWY 255 and East Bound on Tesson. George apologized for being late noting it was due to the wreck.
- Sean Sheehan – welcomed the guests to come back as often as they like.
|Toastmaster: Susan McConnell|
|Greeter: Sandy Roll|
|Invocator/CLE: Brent Stewart|
|Grammarian: Sarah Xu – Word of the evening “potential” was used 7- 8 times during the meeting.|
|Time Keeper: Steve Winheim|
|Vote Counter: Mary K Spencer|
|Ah Counter: Brent Stewart – Total of 17 crutch words and phrases were used throughout the meeting.|
|Camera Operator: Vic Mattison|
|Table Topics: J D Perper|
|General Evaluator: Zach Smelcer|
|Joke Master: Sean Sheehan|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Alan Kirby||Debbie Young|
|2||Carl Hendrickson||Kathy Denton|
|3||Jim Salih||George Kiser|
|Most Improved:||Zach Smelcer|
|Best Table Topics:||Kathy Denton|
|Best Evaluator:||Debbie Young|
|Best Speaker:||Alan Kirby|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Meeting Rating: 8.0
Meeting Adjourned: 9:02 pm
Attendance: 19/ 36 members in attendance. – 53% attendance
Visitors: Stanley Monteiro, Jeanie Spurgeon, Donald Coupe and Fergie Fellan
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary