South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: May 22, 2019
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Competition and Championship
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 6:59 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- President – Debbie Young – In preparation for the Pathway’s Training scheduled for May 29th a survey was released to membership. There was very little response to the survey so Debbie passed one around during the meeting.
- Rob Van Winkle – Nominating Committee – The following members are nominated for next term:
|VP of Education||Rich Puskarich|
|VP of Membership||Sarah Xu|
|VP of PR||Donna Jordan|
|Sergeant at Arms||Zach Smelcer|
|Officer at Large||Debbie Young|
Debbie added according to the bylaws the club must vote the first week in June; therefore, the election will be held June 5th. If anyone is still interested in running for office please contact a member of the Nominating Committee.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Susan McConnell and Tom Terrific spoke about their visit with Max Kaiser. He enjoyed the visit and hopes to be back attending club meetings very soon.
- Jim Bubash reminded the club to ensure they speak to visitors when they attend meetings noting a lady attended recently and left shortly after break because no one spoke to her. Susan mentioned she tried to engage that particular visitor in conversation, but she seemed very timid and Susan wasn’t able to get her to say much. Sean Sheehan noted Project 7 of the Competent Leader Manual is “Facilitation”. One goal of that project is to befriend a guest.
- Debbie Young shared a “Did you know” tip – Members can work both in Pathways and the Old Track. There is an electronic folder to store notes, etc.
- Jim Bubash – Jefferson County Challengers are having an Open House on Thursday at 7:00 pm. It’s a small club and they are hoping to get at least 2 more members to join.
|Toastmaster: Sean Sheehan|
|Greeter: Rob Van Winkle|
|Invocator/CLE: Sarah Xu|
| Grammarian: Anne Hartupee – |
Counted 9 uses of the night’s word “break – a- way”
|Time Keeper: Sandy Roll|
|Vote Counter: Debbie Young|
|Ah Counter: Tom Terrific – 14.7 aahs and crutch words counted|
|Camera Operator: Donna Jordan|
|Table Topics: Jerry Paul|
|General Evaluator: Jim Bubash|
|Joke Master: Rob Puskarich|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|Kathy Denton||Zach Smelcer|
|Geoff King||Victor Mattison|
|Victor Mattison||George Kiser|
|Jackie Haar||Susan McConnell|
|Most Improved:||Jackie Haar|
|Best Table Topics:||Anne Hartupee|
|Best Evaluator:||Susan McConnell|
|Best Speaker:||Victor Mattison|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Meeting Rating: 9.5
Meeting Adjourned: 9:04 pm
Attendance: 18/ 36 members in attendance. – 50% attendance
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary