South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 04/17/2019
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme:
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- President – Debbie Young – Reached out to Metlife about accessing WIFI for our upcoming Pathways training. They will not provide access to WIFI.
- VP Membership – Anne Hartupee – We now have name tags in stock. Please let Anne know if you need a name tag.
- Kathy Denton announced the club picnic will be held May 5th. She passed around a sign-up sheet.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Jim Bubash announced the District Conference May 3rd & 4th; Debbie said members can sign up for a portion, you don’t have to attend the entire conference. Geoff King – Sign up by April 19th to go to the entire conference; Jim Bubash – two members from South County will be presenting a breakout session
- Jim Bubash and his wife are sponsoring the Javier Mendoza concert to benefit the Endangered Wolf Center on Saturday evening May 4th, 2019 at the Endangered Wolf Center, gates open at 6:00 PM
- Sean Sheehan said that Jeffrey with building security had a schedule change but that he misses us
|Toastmaster: Geoff King|
|Invocator/CLE: JD Perper|
|Grammarian: Debbie Young – Extrapolate – 4 uses|
|Time Keeper: Michael McCarty|
|Vote Counter: Sarah Xu|
|Ah Counter: Eli Hoxa|
|Camera Operator: Jim Salih|
|Table Topics: Sean Sheehan|
|General Evaluator: Anne Hartupee|
|Joke Master: Howard Brandt|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Jim Bubash – Graduating Class of 2020||Susan |
|2|| Krista Butler – If You Were Attacked |
Today, Would You Survive?
|3||George Kiser – What is It? (Alzheimer’s Disease)||JD Perper|
|4||Victor Mattison – Impromptu |
|Most Improved:||Krista Butler|
|Best Table Topics:||Rob VanWinkle|
|Best Evaluator:||Jerry Paul|
|Best Speaker:||Krista Butler|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Meeting Rating: 9.5
Meeting Adjourned: 8:55 pm
Attendance: 21/ 36 members in attendance. – 58% attendance
Visitors: Paul Simms, Kyle Mack
Minutes documented by Kathy Denton and submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary