South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 4/10/2019
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Spring
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- No additional corrections to the revised meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- Picnic Committee – Kathy Denton – Proposed May 5th as the 1st choice and May 19th as an alternate date for the picnic in case the park is already booked on May 5th. The Club approved. Volunteers are needed to cook the meat.
- At the April 3, 2019 meeting Anne Hartupee presented a written proposal to amend the Club’s by-laws to increase the amount the President can authorize for expenditures from $15 to $50. Debbie Young, President, explained if anyone wishes to amend the wording of the by-laws a proposal needs to be presented and the club can vote on that separately, but the first action that must be taken is for the Club to vote on the proposal as Anne submitted it. A vote was taken and the proposal passed with 16 members approving the change.
- J.D. Perper – VPE – Proposed to eliminate speeches and evaluations at the May 29th meeting and fill that time with Pathway’s training. Members are encouraged to bring their computers and Wi-Fi connectors (MiFi, phones for hotspots, etc.) in order to make this an interactive session. Jim Salih seconded the motion and the Club approved.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Jim Bubash reminded the members of the upcoming District 8 Conference May 3rd and 4th. He stressed the importance of attending since it is very informative about Toastmasters.
- A BIG THANK YOU to George Kiser. Despite work and personal commitments George drove completely out of his way to simply deliver the Club’s meeting supplies.
|Toastmaster: Bill Collier|
|Greeter: Mary K Spencer|
|Invocator/CLE: Sarah Xu|
|Grammarian: Sandy Roll – “Cattywampus” was used 11 times.|
|Time Keeper: Susan McConnell|
|Vote Counter: Samira Mudjzic|
|Ah Counter: Jim Salih counted 22 ahs and crutch words.|
|Camera Operator: Anne Hartupee|
|Table Topics: Kathy Denton|
|General Evaluator: Rob Van Winkle|
|Joke Master: Carl Hendrickson|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Eli Hoxha||Geoff King|
|2||Jerry Paul||Debbie Young|
|3||JD Perper||Jim Salih|
|4||Abdul Aden||Alan Kirby|
|Most Improved:||Abdul Aden|
|Best Table Topics:||Carl Hendrickson|
|Best Evaluator:||Geoff King|
|Best Speaker:||Abdul Aden|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Meeting Rating: 8.7
Meeting Adjourned: 8:59 pm
Attendance: 26/ 36 members in attendance. – 72% attendance
Visitors: Judy Ritter and Josh
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary