South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 4/3/19
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Nobody asked me, but….
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- President – Debbie Young- The actions we took last week to increase the amount the president can authorize for club expenditures did not align with the club bylaws. The bylaws on this matter require a written outline of a proposed bylaw change to be presented in a club meeting. The amendment must then be voted on at the following club meeting; therefore, Anne Hartupee presented a written proposal to increase the amount the president can authorize for expenditures from $15 to $50. The club will vote on Anne’s proposal 4/10/19. Note: In order to pass 2/3 of the members present at the meeting must approve the proposal.
- Vice-President of Membership – Anne Hartupee – Proposed we spend $34 for new club brochures. Tom Terrific second the motion – the club voted and approved the proposed purchase.
- Kathy Denton – After the meeting last week Kathy e-mailed membership requesting volunteers to assist in planning the Club picnic. No one volunteered to help so Kathy asked if anyone even wants to have a picnic. Several members in attendance indicated they would like to have a picnic. Kathy will continue to look for volunteers for the Picnic Committee.
- The Club inducted a new member: Jackie Harr. Welcome Jackie!!
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Jim Bubash – August 6th the Spring Conference is being held in Earth City. Jim urged members to attend noting it’s a great way to learn about Toastmasters. Jim and Vic will be conducting a breakout session re: entrepreneurship. The district wide speech competition will also be held at this location.
- Jim Bubash – Geoff King is running for District Club Growth Director.
- Geoff King – Division F contest to be held Sunday, April 14th at MilliporeSigma – 2909 Laclede, St. Louis. Volunteers are needed to help at the event. The briefing will be at 12:30 and the contest will start at 1:00 pm.
- Kathy Denton – There is a black marker in the club’s supplies, which can be used for noting the “word of the evening”. Additionally, Kathy suggested the Timer only hold 1 card (green, yellow or red) at a time to avoid confusion for not only the speakers, but the members in back too.
|Toastmaster: Vic Mattison|
|Greeter: Howard Brandt|
|Invocator/CLE: Susan McConnell|
|Grammarian: Krista Butler – Word of the evening “arduous” was used 4 times.|
|Time Keeper: Tom Terrific|
|Vote Counter: Anne Hartupee|
|Ah Counter: Abdul Aden – Didn’t hear any crutch word or phrases.|
|Camera Operator: Kathy Denton|
|Table Topics: George Kiser|
|General Evaluator: Steve Winheim|
|Joke Master: Sarah Pitkin|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Sandy Roll||Casey Hoffmann|
|2||Mike McCarty||Sean Sheehan|
|3||Rob Van Winkle||Geoff King|
|Most Improved:||Mike McCarty|
|Best Table Topics:||Eli Hoxha|
|Best Evaluator:||Geoff King|
|Best Speaker:||Rob Van Winkle|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Meeting Rating: 9.0
Meeting Adjourned: 8:51 pm
Attendance: 23/ 36 members in attendance. – 64% attendance
Visitors: Erin Beck and Jackie Harr (Jackie was inducted into the Club during the meeting.)
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary