South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 9/5/18
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Music
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Brent, President
- President – Brent Stewart – No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- Kathy Denton – Picnic September 23rd, Crestwood Park.
- Brent Stewart reported that JD Perper will not be able to carry out his duties as Sargent in Arms due to health reasons. There will be an election for that position next week. If no one volunteers the Officer at Large, Rob Van Winkle, will step in to carry out those duties.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Debbie Young announced Susan McConnell achieved her Competent Leader and Advanced Communicator Awards. John Fetter achieved Level 1 of Visionary Communications in Pathways.
- Geoff King announced there is an open director position at the region level. Members can speak with Geoff to obtain details.
- Tom Krauska- suggested we purchase a new projector. The Executive Committee will review the recommendation during the Board meeting September 19th.
- Jim Salih announced October 3rd is the first Speech Crafters meeting. Classes will be conducted every Wednesday except Halloween. 4 week classes. Graduation November 7th. No charge for members who need it. For non-members there is a $30 fee.
- Mary Kay – Youth Leadership Class starts September 25th. The class runs 8 weeks. 5 individuals have signed up so far and additional details will be forthcoming.
|Invocator / CLE:||Brent Stewart|
|Grammarian:|| Geoff King.
Word of the evening was Apathetic, which was used 11 times.
|Time Keeper:||Susan McConnell|
|Vote Counter:||Steve Winheim|
|Ah Counter:||Rob Van Winkle – 20 filler words were used.|
|Camera Operator:||Tom Terrific|
|Table Topics:||Kathy Denton|
|Competent Leader Evaluator:||Brent Stewart|
|General Evaluator:||John Fetter|
|Joke Master:||Victor Mattison|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Howard Brandt||Anne Hartupee|
|2||Bill Hurston||Sandy Roll|
|3||George Kiser||Sandy Dickson|
|4||Mary Kay Spencer||Rich Puskarich|
|Most Improved:||Mary Kay Spencer|
|Best Table Topics:||Tom Terrific|
|Best Evaluator:||Rich Puskarich|
|Best Speaker:||Bill Hurston|
Meeting Rating: 9.0
Schedule for Next Week’s Meeting: On-line
Meeting Adjourned: 8:56 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Attendance: 19/ 41 members present – 46 % attendance
Visitors: Steffen Baker,
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary