South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 8-15-18
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Friendships
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Brent, President
- President – Brent Stewart – No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- Mary Kay Spencer reported the Youth Speaker’s group will meet Sept 25th through November. Mary Kay made a motion to use up to $50 of club funds to defray expenses of the group. Rob Van Winkle seconded the motion and the club approved the motion.
- Jim Salih also reported a leadership group, similar to the youth group, will also start the middle of September.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Brent Stewart reminded the Chapter the August 29th meeting is an Open House for Alumni and Guests. Doors open at 6:30. Several members volunteered to bring snacks – Jim Salih reported that we must have the Plant Manager’s approval prior to bringing food in.
- Kathy Denton reminded the club the annual picnic is scheduled for September 23rd in Crestwood Park.
- Rob Van Winkle will be at the International Convention next week.
|Invocator / CLE:||Jean Broida|
|Time Keeper:||Rich Puskarich|
|Vote Counter:||Anne Hartupee|
|Ah Counter:||Rob Van Winkle|
|Camera Operator:||Kathy Denton|
|Table Topics:||George Kiser|
|General Evaluator:||Sean Sheehan|
Competent Leader Evaluator:
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Janet Bold||Brent Stewart|
|2||Tom Boyland||Jim Salih|
|3||Victor Mattison||Jerry Paul|
|4||Carl Hendrickson||Sandy Roll|
|Most Improved:||Tom Boyland|
|Best Table Topics:||Debbie Young|
|Best Evaluator:||Jim Salih|
|Best Speaker:||Carl Hendrickson|
Meeting Rating: Not rated
Schedule for Next Week’s Meeting – Not read due to time
Meeting Adjourned: 9:09 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Attendance: 20 / 41 members present – 49 % attendance
Visitors: Lexie Collier and Bob Heaton
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary