South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: July 18, 2018
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: None
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Brent Stewart, President
- President – Brent Stewart – No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- President – Brent Stewart – no report
No officer reports
- Carl Hendrickson, Brent Stewart, and Steve Winheim comprise the audit committee. Steve Winheim stated that the audit showed that the books are in order.
Report of the Toastmasters’ Audit Committee as of July 17, 2018:
“We have looked at the records maintained by outgoing Treasurer Rich Puskarich. We noted that all checks and deposits had been recorded in the check register. We reconciled the bank account as of May 31, 2018. The balance in the Club Checking Account as of May 31, 2018 was 2,701.47. We noted $65.00 cash which appears to have been received from the sale of SD Cards. We recommend the new Treasurer deposit this cash. We thank Rich for his work and appreciate his willingness to serve as Treasurer for an entire year.”
- A special presentation was given to Kate Schafroth by Vic Mattison concerning all of her accomplishments since joining TM. She received her Competent Leader and Advanced Communication Bronze awards.
- Debbie Young moved to have a backward meeting on the 5th Wednesday of August. Everything is run backwards. Alumni and guests will be invited. Sean Sheehan seconded the motion. The motion was defeated by a show of hands.
- Motion by Sarah Pitkin that the emphasis of the August 5th be on new guest and alumni. Motion seconded by Sean Sheehan.
- A gift of a book on Cheese and Wine was given to Kathy Denton for service as president from July to December, 2017.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- TLI (Toastmaster Leadership Institute) Geoff King announced the upcoming training session scheduled for Saturday, August 11th 2:30-4:30. All members are welcome to attend. See link for details. https://dist8tm.org/training/
|Greeter:||Mary K Spencer|
|Invocator / CLE:||Sarah Pitkin|
|Grammarian:||Susan McConnell (“exceptional” is the Word of the Day) used 17 times|
|Time Keeper:||Steve Winheim|
|Vote Counter:||Geoff King|
|Ah Counter:||Kathy Denton – 53 ahs uttered tonight – ouch!|
|Camera Operator:||John Fetter|
|Table Topics:||Bill Hurston|
|General Evaluator:||Rob VanWinkle|
|Joke Master:||Max Kaiser|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Sean Sheehan||J.D. Perper|
|2||George Kiser||Jim Bubash|
|3||Tom Boyland||Alan Kirby|
|4||Janet Bold||Brent Stewart|
|Most Improved:||Tom Boyland|
|Best Table Topics:||Melissa Baldwin|
|Best Evaluator:||Brent Stewar|
|Best Speaker:||Sean Sheehan|
Meeting Rating: 9.0
Schedule for Next Week’s Meeting – not read due to lack of time
Meeting Adjourned: 9:05 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||x|
|Spencer, Mary K||x|
Attendance: 26/41 members present – 63% attendance
Visitors: Casey Hoffmann, Bob Heaton (past Toastmaster), Matthew Kiser (George’s son)
Documented by Jim Salih and submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary