South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 7-11-18
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Modern Convenience
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Brent Stewart, President
- President – Brent Stewart – No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- President – Brent Stewart expressed his excitement for carrying out duties of the president and announced his 3 goals for his time in office: 1) Continue to grow membership 2) Achieve President’s Distinguished Club designation 3) Encourage all to be good members i.e. read Debbie’s e-mails, respond promptly to Toastmaster and General Evaluator regarding participation in upcoming meetings, find replacements when unable to attend and notify the Toastmaster and General Evaluator the moment it is known you are unable to fulfill your role at a meeting.
- Induction of officers: Jim Bubash, Area 4 District Director, inducted the new officers: President, Brent Stewart, Vice President Education, Debbie Young; Vice President Membership, Sarah Pitkin; Vice President Public Relations, Susan McConnell; Treasurer, Bill Hurston; Secretary, Sandy Roll; Sergeant at Arms, J.D. Perper.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Kathy Denton encouraged everyone to read the monthly Toastmaster publication pointing out two especially good articles in the July magazine: The Anatomy of a Joke and The List.
- Geoff King explained there are new flyers on Pathways being released that will aid individuals in choosing a path.
|Invocator / CLE:||Howard Brandt & Jim Bubash|
|Steve Winheim – word of the evening was Google, which was used 17 items.|
|Time Keeper:||Jim Salih|
|Vote Counter:||Melissa Baldwin|
|Ah Counter:||Brent Stewart – 15 fillers/ crutch words used.|
|Camera Operator:||Bill Hurston|
|Table Topics:||J.D. Perper|
|General Evaluator:||Bill Collier|
|Rick and Alex Puskarich
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Carl Hendrickson||Geoff King|
|2||Mary K Spencer||Sandy Roll|
|3||Debbie Young||Sarah Pitkin|
|Most Improved:||Sandy Roll|
|Best Table Topics:||George Kiser|
|Best Evaluator:||Geoff King|
|Best Speaker:||Carl Hendrickson|
Meeting Rating: 9.5
Schedule for Next Week’s Meeting – Read by Jack Bettag
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Attendance: 24/41 members present – 59 % attendance
Visitors: Casey Hoffmann, Bob Bubash and Alex Puskarich
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary