Meeting Date: April 19, 2017
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: ”Spring has Spring”
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Adam Kutell, President
- Adam Kutell and Sarah Pitkin offered a special welcome to all the guests tonight. We had 12 guests come to our meeting.
- Susan McConnell shared that Our club has, so far this year, achieved “Select Distinguished” status by completing seven points in the distinguished club program. We can achieve up to ten points, but only need nine to achieve “Presidents Distinguished” status. To get those two remaining points, we can either:
o Get one more CC award, AND two more CC awards after that (totaling three), or
o Get one more CC AND one AC (advanced communicator) bronze, silver, or gold.
So anybody who is close to completing their CC or one of their AC levels will get priority in scheduling speeches.
Committee Reports: None
- Minutes from last week’s meeting were reviewed and approved.
- Tom Terrific announced that Mark Esswein had submitted his application and payment for membership. Following a brief discussion he was unanimously approved for membership. Welcome, Mark! Rich Puskarich has been asked to serve as his Mentor
- May 18 there’s a Toastmaster’s event, the Alpha Toastmaster Award Ceremony and Banquet at the Jefferson City Maximum Security Prison. The event starts at 6:00 pm. Jim Bubash has more information but if you want to go you need to let them know by this Friday. Please see Jim for more information.
- Reminder – The Area 4 contest is this coming Saturday – April 22 in Ste. Genevieve. Please let Tom know if you’ll be attending so he can get you onto the list which means you will not have to pay. Remember, Alan Kirby and Erin Gissel, each a winner of the recent Area 4 contest will compete.
- Dave Domian announced that the summer BBQ has been scheduled on Sunday, July 9. More details are forthcoming as the date gets closer. Volunteers to help are welcomed. Please see Dave if you can help
- Max Kaiser shared news that Charlie Simmons, a longtime member of our club, passed away in Kansas City at the age of 83. He was active for many years and played a significant role in helping shape and grow the club. Charlie will be missed by all those who knew him.
|Invocator / CLE:||Nancy Haparimwi|
|Grammarian:||Adam Kutel “Kaput”|
|Time Keeper:||Rich Puskarich|
|Vote Counter:||Joumana Palusci|
|Ah Counter:||Geoff King|
|Camera Operator:||Phil Gawlak|
|Table Topics:||Susan McConnell|
|General Evaluator:||Sera Jennings|
|Joke Master:||Carl Hendrickson|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Grace Cripps||Alan Kirby|
|2||Sarah Pitkin||Dave Domian|
|3||Debbie Young||Tom Terrific|
|4||Tim Sullivan||Victor Mattison|
|Most Improved:||Debbie Young|
|Best Table Topics:||George Kiser|
|Best Evaluator:||Tom Terrific|
|Best Speaker:||Tim Sullivan|
Meeting Rating: 9.8 out of 10
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 PM
|Gissel, Erin C||☐|
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☒|
|YTD highest weekly % (January 25, 2017)||60.4%|
|YTD lowest weekly % (March 22, 2017) *||36.7%|
* Excludes contest dates
Attendance Records for 2017:
Note, the spreadsheet (via link) below includes:
- Attendance Records from January 2017 – Present by person
- Longest Current Streaks per person
- YTD Attendance ranked by attendance
- 75% Attendance List
- Weekly Award Winners
Attendance Streaks for 2017 (top 5 streaks with 3 or more):
75% Attendance YTD:
|Member Name||Total YTD||YTD Attendance %|
We had 12 visitors. Special thanks to Sarah Pitkin for organizing the event, to those that brought friends and for all that brought food to share.
Submitted by Victor Mattison, Secretary