Meeting Date: September 14, 2016
Called to order at: 7:00 PM Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Presiding Officer: Dean Bone
Greeter: Steve Winheim
Invocator/CLE: Tim Budd
Officers’ Reports –
1. Treasurer Tom Terrific announced SCTM dues are $51.00. Please give him a check or cash or send to him in the mail. Money is due by Sept. 23rd, 2016.
Committee Reports – None
1. Dean Bone awarded trophies to the following winners of the August 31, 2016 contests:
Carl Hendrickson, 2nd place winner of the Humorous Speech Contest
Carl Henrickson, 2nd place winner of the Table Topics Contest
Adam Kutell, 3rd place winner of the Humorous Speech Contest.
1. President, Dean Bone and VP of Membership, Tim Budd, inducted Sera Jennings as a new member of SCTM. Her mentor will be Adam Kutell.
Correspondence and Announcements
1. Gary Brown will be unable to serve as Toastmaster for the meeting next week. Susan McConnell volunteered to take his place.
2. Jim Salih announced the wireless microphone is temporarily unavailable for use. He will let the club know when it is fixed. The hand held microphone on/off switch is also being fixed.
3. Adam Kutell reminded the members about the upcoming contest.
Place: Grant View Library, corner of Gravois and Musick Rds.
Time: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 10:00 AM
Toastmaster: Steve Bettag
Grammarian: Rich Puskarich
Time Keeper: Nick Coco
Vote Counter: Jim Bubash
Ah Counter: Adam Kutell
Camera Op: Vic Mattison
Table Topics: Cathy Money
Speakers and Evaluators
Spkr 1: Nancy Haparimwi Evaluator 1: Ginny Foster
Spkr 2: Jerry Paul Evaluator 2: Jack Bettag
Spkr 3: Gary Brown Evaluator 3: Tom Terrific
Spkr 4: Howard Brandt Evaluator 4: Kathy Denton
Gen Evalautor: Steve Winheim
Joke Master: Kate Schafroth
Most Improved: Nancy Haparimwi
Best Table Topics: Carl Hendrickson
Best Evaluator: Tom Terrific
Best Speaker: Jerry Paul
Meeting Rating 9.5 Meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM
Minutes submitted by Susan McConnell