Called to order at: 7:00 PM
Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Presiding Officer: Dean Bone
Greeter: Carl Hendrickson
Invocator/CLE: Tim Budd
Officers’ Reports –
1. Treasurer Tom Terrific announced that TM International is increasing dues by $9.00 beginning in October. After some discussion, he made a motion and was seconded to “increase the SCTM dues by $9.00 to cover the increase in TM International dues.” The motion passed.
Committee Reports – None
Unfinished Business – None
New Business – None
Correspondence & Announcements
1. Rob VanWinkle gave a report of the TM International Meeting. The TM International headquarters will be moving from California to Colorado. There is significant growth in the TM organization, especially in Asia and Africa. The TM organization continues to grow annually.
2. Susan McConnell reminded the SCTM that she is the Chief Judge for the Table Topics and Humorous Speech contest next week. She needs some guidance as to her duties. Tom Terrific will forward information and she will meet with Dean Bone to discuss after the meeting tonight.
3. Dean Bone announced we still need more volunteers to fill roles for the Table Topics and Humorous Speech contest next week. He will send an email to the club members as a reminder.
4. Dean Bone presented Rob VanWinkle with the Distinguished Toastmaster Award. Congratulations Rob!!!
Toastmaster: Tim Sullivan
Grammarian: Jim Salih
Time Keeper: Nick Coco
Vote Counter: Debbie Young
Ah Counter: Kate Schafroth
Camera Op: Nancy Haparimwi
Table Topics: Alan Kirby
Speakers and Evaluators
Spkr 1: Sarah Pitkin Evaluator 1: Susan McConnell
Spkr 2: Victor Mattison Evaluator 2: Jim Salih
Spkr 3: A.R. Al-Matiin Evaluator 3: George Kiser
Spkr 4: Rich Puskarich Evaluator 4: Jack Bettag
Gen Evalautor: Ginny Foster, A+
Joke Master: Stacy Duncan
Most Improved: Sarah Pitkin
Best Table Topics: Nancy Haparimwi
Best Evaluator: George Kiser
Best Speaker: Rich Puskarich
Meeting Rating A+ Meeting adjourned at 8:58 PM
Minutes submitted by Susan McConnell