I have had a number of people question me about the regular dues which are due by April 1st and October 1st. Since some new people have only recently paid, they think that they don’t have to pay the April and October dues. Sorry, but that’s not true.
I did talk to Toastmasters International and the regular April and October dues are for everyone. If you look at the official TI membership form it says the below, “Membership Dues – Paid twice a year by all members”
From Toastmasters International
- It is our recommendation that only members in good standing fill speaking and meeting roles in club meetings. If a member has not submitted their dues for the current period, they have let their membership lapse with the club, and are not considered a member of the club, until such time as they are placed back into good standing.
- Only members in good standing are included in quorum and are eligible to vote in club business matters.
- Your renewal payment is due twice a year, April 1 and October 1.
- To remain in good standing, your payment must be received by World Headquarters on or before the deadlines above. If the deadlines are not met, a member will return to good standing as soon as their dues payment is received by World Headquarters.
- To maintain access to Base Camp, your payment must be submitted on or before March 31 and September 30 respectively. If these deadlines are missed, then access will be restored within 12 – 24 hours after their dues payment is received by World Headquarters.