Here’s a tip that I make for all new Toastmasters.
Find a bag that you use just for Toastmasters. When you’re ready to go to a meeting, you can just grab the bag on the way out or possibly even keep it in your car so you know you’ll have it when you get to the meeting.
This way you will have everything you need for the meeting in one place and will be ready to participate for the meeting.
Here’s what I keep in my bag.
- Club Manual
- Competent Communicator Manual
- Competent Leader Manual
- Meeting Agenda form
- Membership list – print from Turbobase.
- Name Badge
- Quarters to pay fines.
- SD Card for the video camera.
- Thumb Drive for computer speeches.
- You may also want to bring jokes, invocations, etc in case you have to fill-in for other positions.