Record of Meeting of South County Toastmasters (Club #1957)
December 5, 2012
Called to order at: 7:01 p.m.
Location: MetLife Service Center, Employee Cafeteria
Presiding Officer: Steve Bettag, SCTM President
Toastmaster: Kathy Kreitner
Time Keeper: George Kiser Camera: Adam Kutell
Ah Counter: Brent Stewart Table Topics: Tom Terrific
Vote Counter: Traci Cahill Joke Master: Kip Guthrey
Grammarian: Matt Ramshaw (prosper) General Evaluator: Shreya Gopal
Invocator: Barb Sapienza
Officers’ Reports (VP Ed, VP Membership, VP PR, Treasurer, Sgt-at-Arms, Officer at Large):
Adam Kutell (VP-E) is taking speaking, etc., requests for January, 2013
* Max Kaiser reported that he and Rob Van Winkle were among the Toastmasters who were judges at a recent speech tournament held at Webster University.
* The January-June, 2013, officer slate was voted on and approved this evening. Club officers for this term will be:
President – Jerry Paul
Vice-President, Education – Adam Kutell
Vice-President, Membership – Matt Ramshaw
Vice-President, Public Relations – Traci Cahill
Secretary – Rob Van Winkle
Treasurer – Kelly Bottini
Sergeant-at-Arms – Petrina Monti
Officer-at-Large – Carl Hendrickson
A minimum of four (4) officers must attend the upcoming TLI (training) to keep SCTM on track for Distinguished / Select club status.
Correspondence and Announcements:
* Tom Terrific designed a “Meeting Minutes” form for the club’s use. He has provided paper copies, as well as an online copy.
* Steve Bettag received correspondence from John Lau, International President, regarding a “1+1” program. The full letter is at the end of this report.
* The annual SCTM Christmas party will be held next Wednesday, December 12, from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the Fox Chase Apartments clubhouse. Steve Bettag has emailed directions to the venue.
* Members present approved a White Elephant “gift” exchange at the party; only those who bring a “gift” will be allowed to take part in the exchange.
* Members present also voted to use club funds to purchase a gift for Tom Ferriss (sp?), who is graciously providing the Fox Chase clubhouse for our Christmas party.
* In addition, members present voted to allow Adam Kutell to purchase ten (10) additional memory cards for the new camera. Members may purchase these cards from the club.
Speakers & Evaluators:
1. Sudi Gopinath / Jeffrey Hall
2. Don Clair / Kevin Reichardt
3. Carrie Driscoll / Brian Ettling
4. David Wilkins / Kelly Bottini
Most Improved: Kathy Kreitner
Best Table Topics: Kip “Metamucil” Guthrey
Best Evaluator: Brian Ettling
Best Speaker: David Wilkins
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Steve Bettag Jeffrey Hall
Kelly Bottini Max Kaiser
Howard Brandt George Kiser
Traci Cahill Kathy Kreitner
Don Clair Adam Kutell
Kathy Denton Matt Ramshaw
Mike DePung Kevin Reichardt
Carrie Driscoll Barb Sapienza
Brian Ettling Brent Stewart
Diane Fawcett Tom Terrific
Steve Flick Rob Van Winkle
Shreya Gopal David Wilkins
Sudi Gopinath Kevin Wilson
Minutes submitted by: Steve Flick
December 4, 2012
Dear Fellow Toastmasters,
It is with much enthusiasm that I share with you an idea to grow and strengthen our globally inspired organization. I’ve been a Toastmaster for more than 22 years, and throughout that time, I have introduced Toastmasters’ programs to my family, colleagues and countless friends. In fact, many of the people that I referred have experienced tremendous growth in their professional and personal lives, due in part to the skills they gained as a Toastmaster. I believe that every individual can enrich their lives through Toastmasters, and Toastmasters can be enriched by having more members and diverse perspectives.
For this reason, we have created the 1+1 campaign. When a member invites a friend and encourages them to join, the member grows, the friend grows and Toastmasters International grows.
I invite you to watch this video, to help you better understand the program and how you can participate and benefit.
Today, Toastmasters International is more than a quarter of a million members strong, but together we can grow and cultivate the next generation of great leaders and communicators.
I am confident that you will make a positive difference in the lives of those that you’ve encouraged to join Toastmasters.
John Lau, DTM