Meeting Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Called To Order: 7:02 p.m.
Location: Room 107-C, MetLife Bldg.
Presiding Officer: Alan Kirby
Toastmaster: Mike Dobrich
General Evaluator: Judy Sowers
Timekeeper: Diane Fawcett
“Ah” Counter: Petrina Monti
Vote Counter: Adam Kutell
Grammarian: Amby Mafort (Word of the Evening: Nebbish)
Invocator: Erin Gisell
Camera Operator: Richard Hiers
Table Topics: Kevin Wilson
Joke Master: Alicia Flamm
The minutes from the 1/6/2010 meeting were accepted as submitted
• VP-Education: none
• VP-Membership: none
• VP-Public Relations: none
• Treasurer: Finances will be reviewed soon by Alan Kirby, Tom Terrific so books can be handed over to Adam Kutell
Club International Speech/Evaluation contest will be held on 2/17; Contest Master, pattern speaker, judges, etc., are needed, as well as contestants.
Recommendation – to increase amount of club funds club President is allowed to approve without vote of members from $15 to $40 – was made. Membership approved increase.
CORRESPONDENCE & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Subject of 1/20 meeting is “Dynamics of a Successful Mentoring Program”
GUESTS: Paul Ederer; Bob Gergen
Rob Van Winkle
Total: 27 members, 2 guests
SPEAKERS & EVALUATORS:
• Speaker 1: Howard Brandt (Evaluator – Gina Willard)
• Speaker 2: Don Clair (Evaluator – David Welshon)
• Speaker 3: Jack Bettag (Evaluator – Rob Van Winkle)
• Most Improved: David Welshon
• Best Table Topics: Amby Mafort
• Best Evaluator: Gina Willard
• Best Speaker: Jack Bettag
Rating for the meeting: “about an 8.5”
Meeting adjourned – 8:46 p.m.
Submitted by Steve Flick, Club Secretary