South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:30 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the minutes from the May 10, 2023, meeting. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- See VPE report below.
- Reminder the 6/14 the meeting will be held online in zoom only. Do not come to the Community Center.
VPE: Adam Fox was not present, Debbie presented the following awards on behalf of Adam:
- Herb Villaflores completed level 3 of Persuasive Influence.
- Jackie Compton won’t be here for the next couple of months, she was awarded for completing levels 2 & 3 of Presentation Mastery.
- Steve Burchett was awarded for completion of the Visionary Communication
VPM: Susan McConnell. No report.
VPPR: Patrick Hunt. No report.
Treasurer: Jim Salih. No report.
Sergeant-at-Arms: No report.
The nominating committee, has one more positions to fill, VP of PR. If anyone is interested, contact Rob VanWinkle. We need a volunteer to fill the slate of officers so please volunteer. Debbie read the slate of officers: President – Victor Mattison; VP of Education – Debbie Young; VP of Membership – Adam Fox; Secretary – Herb Villaflores; Treasurer – Jim Salih; Sargent of Arms – Susan McConnell
Unfinished Business: None
New Business: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Jim Salih – May 31st will be a Table Topics and Jokes Round Robin Madness meeting. Adam Fox is on vacation this week, but if you want to participate as a Table Topics Master contact Adam. Jim is coordinating the Jokes round robin and asks that you let him know if you’d like to participate and come with 4 jokes. Herb Villaflores, Liz DeCamp, and J. D. Perper have volunteered for the Jokes round robin so far.
- Jim Salih – The bocce ball club event will be held June 10th at Tower Tee golf from 11 am – 1 pm. Cost is $5, you can bring it to the event or pay by Venmo.
- Melissa Baldwin got a job with Ameren and spoke to a large group of job seekers, some of whom may be comming to SCTM meetings in the future.
- Vic read an email from Alan Kirby informing us that his surgery went well and he is recovering.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:33 pm
|Table Topics Master||Patrick Hunt|
|General Evaluator||Jim Salih – Meeting Rating 9.9 before Jokes;|
|Speaker 1||Rob VanWinkle|
|Speaker 2||Herb Vilaflores|
|Speaker 3||Victor Mattison|
|Evaluator 1||Brent Stewart|
|Evaluator 2||Susan McConnell|
|Evaluator 3||Liz DeCamp|
|Vote Counter||J. D. Perper|
|AH Counter||Debbie Young|
|Best Table Topics||George Kiser|
|Best Evaluator||Brent Stewart|
|Best Speaker||Victor Mattison|
|Most Improved||Nancy Alba|
Words of the Day:
- Altruistic used 6 times.
Ah Counter Report: 7 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 8:28 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Melissa Baldwin; Jeff Hoehn; Patrick Hunt; George Kiser; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; Samira Mujdzic; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Rob VanWinkle; Herb Villaflores; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Brian Berman; Liz DeCamp; Kathy Denton;
- Guests: Reagan Mattison
Total Member Attendance 19 out of 33
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Next Week’s TM will be Julie Zeitler and Ge will be Hunter Brown.
Submitted by Kathy Denton, Secretary