South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Fun Games
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:30 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
Debbie informed us that the minutes of the March 22 meeting were sent out and asked if there are any changes. Hearing none the minutes were accepted as posted. Debbie will post a summary of last week’s meeting.
President: Debbie Young:
- We still need a Sargeant-at-arms so Debbie asked if anyone would like to volunteer to be Sargeant-at-arms. Jim Salih volunteered, Kathy Denton nominated Jim and made a motion that we vote him into the role. Debbie asked if anyone else is interested in the role. None heard, a second was made for Jim, a vote was taken and Jim was unanimously voted into the role. Debbie shared that Jim now fills the roles of Sargeant-at-arms, Treasurer, and Immediate Past President.
- SCTM has earned 10 out of 10 points toward the Distinguished club award so we have achieved President’s Distinguished.
- Rob VanWinkle will serve on the Nominating Committee. If you are interested in serving as a club officer from 7/1 to 12/31 contact Rob.
- We will not have the room for 3 days, one in mid-May, one in mid-June and one in mid-July. Jim will send out the dates. Herb volunteered to see if he can get a room for those 3 nights.
VPE: Adam Fox. No Report
VPM: Susan McConnell. No Report
VPPR: Patrick Hunt. No Report
Treasurer: Jim Salih:
- Dues are past due. 31 members paid. 19 paid through Venmo. Jim sent out the financial report, if you have questions reach out to Jim.
Unfinished Business: None
New Business: .Vicky Kolaks was voted into the club and inducted as a new member. Welcome Vicky!
Correspondence and Announcements:
Jim Salih said that we will plan to do another Bacci club social event in May or June. Jim will send the details.
J. D. Perper said the Arnold Community Band will hold a concert 5/7 at 3 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran church on Jeffco close to Richardson road in Arnold.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:49 pm
|Table Topics Master||Sean Sheehan|
|General Evaluator||Rob VanWinkle – Meeting Rating 9.0|
|Grammarian||Jim Salih – Whoopee!|
|Speaker 1||Kathy Denton|
|Speaker 2||George Kiser|
|Speaker 3||Steve Winheim|
|Evaluator 1||Julie Zeitler|
|Evaluator 2||Susan McConnell|
|Evaluator 3||J. D. Perper|
|Vote Counter||Debbie Young|
|AH Counter||Deborah Weniger|
|Best Table Topics||Debbie Young|
|Best Evaluator||Julie Zeitler|
|Best Speaker||Steve Winheim|
|Most Improved||Brian Berman|
Word of the Day: Whoopie! used 11 times
Ah Counter Report: 2 crutch words were heard by the Ah Counter
Meeting Adjourned: 8:30 pm
Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Kathy Denton; Patrick Hunt; George Kiser; Vicky Kolaks; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; J. D. Perper; Jim Salih; Rob VanWinkle; Herb Villaflores; Deborah Weniger; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Brian Berman; Sandy Roll; Sean Sheehan;
- Visitors: Vicki Kolaks (Joined tonight); Nina Saffari; Bill Qin
Total Member Attendance 18 out of 34
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
If you have a streak count to add or that differs from one posted, contact the secretary to update the list.
Next week’s Toastmaster will be Susan McConnell and the GE will be Victor Mattison.