South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Friendships
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the minutes from the January 11, 2023, meeting. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young
- The first executive meeting of the new officers will be held 1/19/2023 at 7:30 pm on Zoom. If you need the link contact Debbie.
- Our club contest will be held on zoom only next week.
- SCTM has earned 8 points toward the Distinguished Club award. We need 2 new members or another level 2 or 3 path completion to obtain the next goal.
VPE: Adam Fox. Adam presented education awards to:
- Adam announced that Julie Zeitler completed level 1 of the Pathways Motivational Strategies path.
VPM: Susan McConnell. No report
VPPR: Patrick Hunt. No Report
Treasurer: Jim Salih, Treasurer report.
- We switched the club bank account treasurer from Brent Stewart to Jim Salih. The account is in the club’s name. Dues will not be collected until mid February.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Charles Giamarino. No report.
George Kiser reported that he held a meeting with himself, reviewed the account and the balance as of 12/31/2022 is 2055.27. Also, from June 2021 to Dec 2022 we only had 3 expenditures in excess of $50.
Jim Salih, the Contest Master for the upcoming Club International Speech and Humorous Speech Contests (to be held on January 25, 2023 on zoom only) reported that:
- We can use volunteers to help with the contest.
- Speeches are 5 – 7 minutes (4:30 – 7:30)
- Must be 70% original
- No comedy routines, they must be stories
- International can be any kind of speech but motivational ones seem to win more often.
Public Relations and Membership Committee
Susan McConnell announced that the Public Relations and Membership Committee held a zoom call the evening of January 12th. This committee will work on activities such as the Founders meeting, Open House, organizational outreach, and joint meetings. These are in the preliminary stages. Anyone interested in participating in the committee is welcome. Contact Susan or Patrick Hunt to volunteer.
Unfinished Business: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
Patrick Hunt announced that the rule for the speech competition being online only is specific to our District. If someone wins at the District contest the next level is in person.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:12 pm
|Toastmaster||Susan McConnell filling in for Kathy Denton|
|Table Topics Master||Suzanne Janick|
|General Evaluator||Rob VanWinkle|
|Speaker 1||J. D. Perper|
|Speaker 2||Jim Salih|
|Speaker 3||Patrick Hunt|
|Evaluator 1||Charles Giamarino|
|Evaluator 2||Liz DeCamp|
|Evaluator 3||Steve Burchett|
|Vote Counter||Callie Koehr|
|AH Counter||Jackie Compton|
|Best Table Topics||George Kiser|
|Best Evaluator||Steve Burchett|
|Best Speaker||J.D. Perper|
|Most Improved||Deborah Weniger|
Word of the Day: Perplexed used 17 times
Ah Counter Report: 9 crutch words were used
Meeting Adjourned: 8:00 pm
Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Steve Burchett; Jackie Compton; Charles Giamarino; Patrick Hunt; Suzanne Janick; George Kiser; Callie Koehr; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Rob Van Winkle; Deborah Weniger; Debbie Young, Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Brian Berman; Bill Collier; Liz DeCamp; Kathy Denton; Adam Fox;
- Visitors: Elizabeth (Liz) KilKer
Total Member Attendance 20 out of 32
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|