South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: New Years
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the minutes from the November 30, 2022, meeting. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- Debbie thanked the Nominating Committee for their work to assemble the nominees for the new officers for the January 1 – July 1, 2023 term. The committee was made up of Rob VanWinkle, Steve Winheim, and Debbie Young,
- Debbie thanked the Christmas Party Committee of Susan McConnell and Bill Collier for preparing for and informing members of the party that was held December 14th at Bill and Joyce Collier’s home. Everyone in attendance enjoyed the party and appreciate the effort of those involved.
- Debbie provided the update on the Distinguished Club award progress – our club has achieved 6 of 10 points toward the goal.
- Debbie also shared that we are on track to double last year’s education awards.
VPE: Callie Koehr. Callie presented education awards to:
- J.D. Perper for completing the Presentation Mastery path.
- Jim Salih for completing levels 3, 4, and 5 of the Presentation Mastery path.
Congratulations J.D. and Jim.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart provided the updated treasurer’s report for Oct 1, 2022 – Dec 31, 2022. Dues & new member fees received = $327.00; Disbursements = $1,151.93; new balance $2, 055.27. Room rent has been paid through March 31, 2023.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Jim Salih, Speech Contest Chair
Jim Salih is the Contest Master for the upcoming Club International Speech and Humorous Speech Contests to be held on January 25, 2023 on zoom only. Jim reported that the contest is shaping up very well. We have 2 volunteers to compete in the International Speech contest (J.D. Perper and Debbie Young), and 6 or 7 volunteers for the Humorous Speech Contest (Bill Collier, JD Perper, Jim Bubash, Liz Decamp, Debra Weniger, and one other who is considering). Jim said he would appreciate it if we can get another volunteer for the International Speech Contest.
Unfinished Business: None
Guest Brendan Akos inducted the new officers. The outgoing officers were thanked for their service to the club: Callie Koehr, Rob Van Winkle, Brent Stewart, Bill Collier, Jim Salih, and Susan McConnell.
Then the new officers were inducted.
President: Debbie Young
VP Education: Adam Fox (not present)
VP Membership: Susan McConnell
VP of Public Relations: Patrick Hunt
Secretary: Kathy Denton
Treasurer: Jim Salih
Sergeant at Arms: Charles Giamarino
Correspondence and Announcements:
Nancy Alba’s new raise became effective December 15th.
JD has performed in 6 concerts.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:25 pm
|Table Topics Master||Liz DeCamp|
|General Evaluator||Victor Mattison|
|Speaker 1||Bill Collier|
|Speaker 2||Jackie Compton|
|Speaker 3||Debbie Young|
|Evaluator 1||Suzanne Janick|
|Evaluator 2||Brent Stewart|
|Evaluator 3||Debbie Young (sub for Melissa Baldwin)|
|Vote Counter||Kathy Denton|
|AH Counter||Callie Koehr|
|Best Table Topics||Steve Burchette|
|Best Evaluator||Brent Stewart|
|Best Speaker||Jackie Compton|
|Most Improved||Charles Giamarino|
Word of the Day: Ameliorate, used 6 times
Ah Counter Report: 19 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned:7:55 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Brian Berman; Bill Collier; Jackie Compton; Kathy Denton; Charles Giamarino; Patrick Hunt; Callie Koehr; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; Samira Mujdzic; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Rob Van Winkle; Deborah Weniger; Steve Winheim, Debbie Young
- Zoom: Brendan Akos; Steve Burchette; Liz DeCamp; Julie Zeitler
- Visitors: Brendan Akos; Tam Milligan
Total Member Attendance 20 out of 32
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|