South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Communication
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of July 6, 2022. A motion was made to accept the minutes as posted. The motion passed unanimously.
President: Debbie Young.
- The Executive Board met for the first time and has put together a Club success plan. Details will be shared at another meeting in the near future.
- The first meeting in October will be the “Founders Day” meeting. This will be used as a homecoming type of meeting, where past members will be invited to attend.
- The last meeting in October will be a “Halloween” themed meeting. This will be an open house type of meeting where potential members will be invited to attend.
- SCTM will have a booth at the Sunset Hills Community Center event on August 10, 2022. Tom Krauska (Terrific) is coordinating the booth and will be representing SCTM at this event. We would also like to have a woman to represent the Club. Please contact Tom if anyone else is interested in participating.
VPE: Callie Koehr. The last meeting in August, fifth Wednesday, will be an all Table Topics focused meeting. Please contact Callie if you are interested in assisting with organizing this meeting. Also keep this in mind when requesting roles for the month of August.
VPM: Tom Krauska (Terrific). No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. No report
Committees: Bill Collier reported on the Howard Brandt Memorial Committee. The following decisions were made by the committee in order to honor the Founder of SCTM, Howard Brandt, who recently passed away.
- A donation was made to the Alzheimer’s Association, at the request of Howard’s family at his memorial service.
- Photos of Howard from SCTM events were loaded onto a Club google account for everyone to view.
- A “Club Quality” committee will be formed to establish guidelines to maintain the Club standards originally established by Howard Brandt. More details about this committee will be shared at a future meeting.
- Request and pay for some Catholic masses to be said in Latin in honor of Howard Brandt. Howard was a devote Catholic and was especially fond of the masses said in Latin.
- A “Toastmaster of the Year” award will be established. The name of the award will include Howard’s name in the title. More details will be shared at a future meeting.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: The application for membership from Brian Berman was reviewed and discussed. A motion to accept Brian Berman’s application for membership in South County Toastmasters was made by Brent Stewart and seconded by Sean Sheehan. The motion carried unanimously. Welcome to the Club Brian Berman!
Correspondence and Announcements: None
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:20 pm
|Table Topics Master||Sean Sheehan|
|General Evaluator||Bill Day|
|Speaker 1||Brent Stewart|
|Speaker 2||Callie Koehr|
|Speaker 3||Julie Zeitler|
|Evaluator 1||Sandy Roll|
|Evaluator 2||Arvin Elangovan|
|Evaluator 3||George Kiser|
|Vote Counter||Jeff Hoehn|
|AH Counter||Liz DeCamp|
|Best Table Topics||Brian Berman|
|Best Speaker||Julie Zeitler|
|Best Evaluator||Sandy Roll|
|Most Improved||Arvin Elangavan|
Word of the Day: Convey, used 14 times
Ah Counter Report: 12 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned:7:50 pm
- Zoom: Debbie Young; Susan McConnell; Liz DeCamp; Kathy Denton; Jim Salih; Steve Winheim; Sean Sheehan; Rob Van Winkle; Bill Day; Bill Collier; Jeff Hoehn; George Kiser; Brent Stewart; Julie Zeitler; Callie Koehr; Charles Giamarino; Sandy Roll; Arvin Elangovan; J.D. Perper; Nancy Alba
- Visitors: Zoom: Brian Berman
Total Member Attendance 20 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary