South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: What’s My Line
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of March 23, 2022. Rob Van Winkle made a motion to accept the minutes. J.D. Perper seconded the motion. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih:
- All dues for Club membership have been turned into the Treasurer. Only 2 members did not renew their memberships, P.V. and Sarah Xu. Within the past 2 months, the Club has gained 3 new members.
- An Election Committee has been formed to create the slate of officers for the next term. The members of this Committee are Bill Collier, Sandy Roll, Debbie Young and Jim Salih.
- Thanks to acting Treasurer, Tom Terrific, for distributing an abbreviated Treasurer’s report to all members through Turbobase. Jim is working with the current Treasurer, Brent Stewart, to create a full Treasurer’s report that will be available online for all members to view anytime.
- Jim encouraged the Club members to record their speeches using their cell phones or the Owl device in the room. Some speeches could be featured on the website. At one time, most people recorded their speeches. Jim encouraged the members to start this practice once again.
- Beginning in October, the Club will have to start paying for a Zoom account. Currently the Club is using Jim Salih’s pro-account, but he will not be renewing this pro-account. A pro-account is available through District 8 and SCTM may be able to share the cost with another club, such as Jeffco Challengers. The annual fee would be $37.50 if the account is shared with another club.
- Executive Board Meetings are scheduled for April 12, May 10 and June 14. Jim will send a Zoom invitation to all Board members.
- The District 8 conference is scheduled for April 22-23, 2022. Anyone interested in registering for the trivia night fundraiser for the prison clubs, the link to register is: https://dist8tm.org/trivia-night-roberts-drummond-inmate-scholarship-fund/. Anyone interested in attending the conference, the link to register is: https://dist8tm.org/wp-store-locator/conferences/
VPE: Liz DeCamp. No report.
VPM: Sandy Roll. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
TMI Coordinator/Liaison: Debbie Young. No report.
Speakers Bureau: Kathy Denton. No report
Treasurer: Tom Terrific. No report
Secretary: Susan McConnell. No report.
Sgt at Arms: Bill Day. No report.
Old Business: No report.
New Business: No report.
Committees: No report.
Correspondence and Announcements: No report.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Adam Fox|
|Contestant 1||Debbie Young|
|Contestant 2||J.D. Perper|
|Contestant 3||Jim Salih|
|Panelist 1||George Kiser|
|Panelist 2||Susan McConnell|
|Panelist 3||Jim Salilh, Victor Mattison|
|Vote Counter||Callie Koehr|
|Best Table Topics||Victor Mattison|
|Most Improved||Steve Winheim|
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Jim Salih; Debbie Young; Susan McConnell; Adam Fox; Steve Winheim; George Kiser; J.D. Perper; Rob Van Winkle; Bill Collier; Callie Koehr; Charles Giamarino; Sandy Roll; Victor Mattison
- Zoom: Liz DeCamp; Nancy Alba
- Visitors at Sunset Hills Community Center: Julie Zeitler; Debbie Powers; Art Schoenberger
- Visitors on Zoom: Kelly Gonzalez
Total Member Attendance 15 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary