South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Communications Awards Night
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center/Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
Word of the Night: Approbation
President Jim Salih welcomed guests Adam Fox, Vamsi Bolla and Arvin Elangovan. They explained how they found our club and why they are visiting the meeting.
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of January 5, 2022. Hearing none, the minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih:
- The SCTM Evaluation contest and International Speech contest will need to be held on February 9, 2022. Please contact Jim if you are interested in being the contest chair. The Area contest will be on February 19, 2022.
- Speechcraft training took place on January 12, 2022 at 11:30 AM via Zoom. Please contact Jim if you are interested in being the Speechcraft coordinator. This program will help increase the club membership.
- Please review projects in Pathways to determine if volunteering for contest chair or Speechcraft coordinator would fulfill the project requirements.
- Max Kaiser, a former member of SCTM, recently passed away. Jim will order flowers from the club in the amount of $50.00, to be delivered to the church for the service on January 15, 2022. Jim spoke with Max prior to his passing and he requested to have donations sent to the following organizations after his passing: St. Mary of Victories Catholic Church; Monastery of St. Clare. Susan McConnell will collect money from any club members who are interested in contributing to these organizations on behalf of the club. PLEASE GIVE SUSAN YOUR DONATION BY JANUARY 27, 2022. She will collect the money in person at the meetings or send a check made out to Susan McConnell and mail it to her home address: 916 Wynhaven Lane, Manchester, MO 63011.
VPE: Liz DeCamp. No report.
VPM: Sandy Roll. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. He has been posting on SCTM Facebook page. Please like the posts and share the posts with your friends.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. No report.
Secretary: Susan McConnell. No report.
TMI Liaison: Debbie Young. No report.
Sgt at Arms: Debbie Young. No report.
Committee Reports: No report.
Unfinished Business: No report.
New Business: No report.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Patrick Hunt needs volunteers to assist with makeup officer training. Anyone interested, please contact Patrick.
- Victor Mattison requested assistance with the following events: -Area 21 Speech Contest – February 22 at 5:30 via Zoom (should be done by 7:30) Division E Officer’s Makeup – February 24 at 6:30 via Zoom (should be done by 8pm) – I need a “trainer” for each officer role) Division E Speech Contest – March 12 at 12 noon via Zoom (should be done by 2pm)
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Callie Koehr|
|Invocator & Jokemaster||Steve Winheim|
|Vote Counter||Debbie Young|
|AH Counter||Steve Burchett|
|Introduction of Mike Raeber Acceptance Speech #1||Brent Stewart – Mike Raeber|
|Introduction of Kathleen Tienes Acceptance Speech #2||Kathy Denton – Kathleen Tienes|
|Introduction of Edward Taylor Acceptance Speech #3||Kathleen Tienes – Edward Taylor|
|Introduction of Brenda Bollinger Acceptance Speech #4||Edward Taylor – Brenda Bollinger|
|CL Awards Closing Remarks||Kathy Denton|
|Most Improved:||Callie Koehr|
|Best Table Topics:||George Kiser|
Ah Counter’s Report: 12 Ahs. Several words were repeated throughout the meeting by various members.
Grammarian’s Report: 4 uses of the word “Approbation”
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset: J.D. Perper; Debbie Young; Steve Burchett; Susan McConnell; Bill Collier; Steve Winheim; Brent Stewart; Kathy Denton; George Kiser
- Zoom: Jim Salih; Sandy Roll; Callie Koehr; Patrick Hunt; Victor Mattison; Liz DeCamp
- Guests: Sunset Hills Community Center: Adam Fox; Michael Raeber; Kathleen Tienes; Dan Tienes; Abby Tienes; Brenda Bollinger; Edward Taylor. Zoom: Vamsi Bolla; Arvin Elangovan.
Total Member Attendance 15 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary