South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||March 3, 2021|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Your Favorite Dessert|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||Kim Bond|
President: George Kiser
- George asked if there were any changes to the minutes and hearing none, the minutes of last week’s meeting were approved as posted.
VPE: Patrick Hunt
Treasurer: Prathyush Viswaroopan
- PV sent out an email on February, 11th regarding Membership Renewals.
- Please send a check to PV’s address (noted in the email) by March 15th.
- Make your check out to “South County Toastmasters.”
VPM: Kim Bond
VPPR: Sandy Roll
Secretary: Callie Koehr
Sergeant at Arms: Keith Page
Officer at Large: Jerry Paul
- Sean Sheehan
- Sean announces, “I have a report from the public relations committee.” There is a Southwest Area Chamber of Commerce opportunity – a Meet & Greet. At the Meet & Greet you can spread the word of our organization to the community. You can find more information about the Meet & Greet by clicking here.
- Southwest Area Chamber of Commerce Women’s Group Meeting:
- March 24, 2021
- America’s Incredible Pizza (in person) – 5254 Lindbergh Blvd.
- Fees and admissions (you pay yourself)
- You can find more information about the Women’s Group Meeting by clicking here.
- Sean believes others in the area can learn about SCTM when we associate with the Chamber of Commerce.
- If you have any questions you can check the website here, or you can email Sean with any questions.
- We have a club membership with the Chamber of Commerce, therefore any member is welcome.
- Kat Higashino has resigned as President. Jim Salih made a motion to nominate George Kiser as President until the end of term in June.
- The motion was seconded and voted on unanimously by the membership.
- Kim Bond announced, “The motion is carried we will have George Kiser as our president from now until the end of term (June.)”
- Kat is officially discharged from her further duties and responsibilities as the President of SCTM.
- George Kiser is installed as our new club president.
- Bill Collier:
- Bill announced Howard is still sick. Bill is going up to follow up with Howard to make sure he is doing okay and offered for anyone else to do the same. Please express your best wishes for him and encourage him to come back for the meeting.
|Invocator / CLE:||George Kiser|
|Grammarian:||Bill Collier “exorbitant”|
|Time Keeper:||Jeff Hoehn|
|Vote Counter:||Callie Koehr|
|Ah Counter:||Elisa Wong|
|Camera Operator:||George Kiser|
|Table Topics:||Vic Mattison|
|General Evaluator:||Kim Bond|
|Joke Master:||Jeff Hoehn|
|Hot Seat||Debbie Young|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||JD Perper||John Cleary|
|2||Liz DeCamp||Susan McConnell|
|3||Kathy Denton||Bill Collier|
|Most Improved:||John Cleary|
|Best Table Topics:||Debbie Young|
|Best Evaluator:||Bill Collier|
|Best Speaker||JD Perper|
Meeting Rating: 10
Meeting Adjourned: 7:59 PM
@Zoom: Jim Salih, Callie Koehr, Sean Sheehan, Jeff Hoehn, Kathy Denton, Liz DeCamp, Sandy Roll, Kim Bond, Elisa Wong, and guest, Chris Scott
@Sunset: JD Perper, George Kiser, John Cleary, Debbie Young, Little Howard, Bill Collier, Vic Mattison
Submitted by Callie Koehr, Secretary