South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||February 3, 2021|
|Meeting Location:||Sunset Hills Community Center / Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||Kat Higashino|
President: Kat Higashino
Kat asked if there were any changes to the minutes and hearing none, the minutes of last week’s meeting were approved as posted.
VPE: Patrick Hunt
Treasurer: Prathyush Viswaroopan
VPM: Kim Bond
VPPR: Sandy Roll
Secretary: Callie Koehr
Sergeant at Arms: Keith Page
Officer at Large: Jerry Paul
- The special committee meeting discussed recommendations for whether or not Sunset Hills will determine regular meeting times.
- This Monday, February, 8th – Jim will send out emails with invitations as well as what was discussed at the special committee meeting to all who were not there.
- You can share your thoughts on what was discussed. We want to give everyone the opportunity to talk before we’re in a business meeting setting. We want to have a series of recommendations for the board to consider and the club to vote on.
- Sean announced, “We have a letter to the editor that was in the January 27th publication of the St. Louis Call newspaper about South County Toastmasters. It talks about showcasing the benefits of the club to the public.” Sean encourages everyone to look for this article. You can find the article here: https://callnewspapers.com/south-county-toastmasters-showcasing-benefits-of-public/
- There will be a make up session for any officers who did not make the first training.
- You can register here: https://dist8tm.org/training/
- Saturday, February 6, 2021 – Area Speech Contest
- Jim Salih and George Kiser will be representing South County Toastmasters by competing in the Area 4 Table Topic and Humorous Speech contests.
- All members are welcome to support George Kiser and Jim Salih. Attending the contest can also be a good opportunity for members to hear speakers from other areas.
- Area 4 Speech contest – Come support George Kiser and Jim Salih!
- Saturday, February, 6, 2021
- Zoom Opens at 9 am
- Briefings at 9:30 am
- Contests at 10 am
|Invocator / CLE:||Debbie Young|
|Grammarian:||Elisa Wong “Suffrage” -Used 3 times|
|Time Keeper:||Jeff Hoehn|
|Vote Counter:||Kim Bond|
|Ah Counter:||Jeff Hoehn -Counted 92 crutch words|
|Camera Operator:||Patrick Hunt|
|Table Topics:||James D Perper|
|General Evaluator:||James Bubash|
|Joke Master:||Jim Salih|
|Hot Seat||Callie Koehr|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Sandy Roll||Victor Mattison|
|2||Bill Collier||Liz DeCamp|
|3||Keith Page||Susan McConnell|
|Most Improved:||Keith Page|
|Best Table Topics:||George Kiser|
|Best Evaluator:||Victor Mattison|
|Best Speaker||Bill Collier|
Meeting Rating: 9.9
Meeting Adjourned: 7:59 PM
@Sunset: Katsuko Higashino, Vic Mattison, Patrick Hunt, George Kiser, JD Perper, Jeff Hoehn, Debbie Young, Keith Page, James Bubash
Guest: John Cleary
@Zoom: Jim Salih, Callie Koehr, Bill Collier, Susan McConnell, Sean Sheehan, Bill Collier, Kathy Denton, Kim Bond, Susan McConnell, Sandy Roll, Elisa Wong, Prathyush Viswaroopan, Liz De Camp, James Bubash, Nancy Alba
Submitted by Callie Koehr, Secretary