South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||January 13, 2021|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||No Theme (Wear a sticker)|
|Meeting Location:||Sunset Hills Community Center / Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||Kat Higashino|
President: Kat Higashino
Kat asked if there were any changes to the minutes and hearing none, the minutes of last week’s meeting were approved as posted.
VPE: Patrick Hunt
Patrick is drafting the schedule for February. Please reply no later than Friday, 01/15 with any role requests. He will assume you can fulfill all roles if you do not reply by Friday, 01/15.
SCTM International Speech and Table Topics Contest – Wednesday, January 20th
Two winners of the International Speech Contest at the club level will move on to the area level.
Two winners of Table Topics Contest will move on to the area level.
J.D. Perper completed Level 1: Presentation Mastery.
Treasurer: Prathyush Viswaroopan
VPM: Kim Bond
VPPR: Sandy Roll
Secretary: Callie Koehr
Sergeant at Arms: Keith Page
Officer at Large: Jerry Paul
- First committee meeting will be held by the end of January.
- Please respond to Kat’s email if you have not done so. Once everyone has responded, Kat will decide on a date for the committee meeting with the new officers.
- Kat announced, “If a member has any idea to bring more members and hold special events, such as Comedy night, please share with either Kat or Sandy. “
- SCTM International Speech and Table Topics Contest – entire contest is over Zoom, no one will come to SSH. (When a contestant goes on to the higher levels, they’re required to speak virtually.)
- Jerry Paul is our contest master and Bill Collier is our chief judge. Debbie Young will serve as the Zoom master.
- Doors open at 5:45PM – Speakers, timers, ballot counters, and judges all have to go through a briefing.
- The contest starts at 6:30PM.
- A schedule will be sent out informing you of your briefing time. Please be there prior to your briefing time.
Reminder: Area Speech contest – Saturday, February 6th
|Invocator / CLE:||Keith Page|
|Grammarian:||Sean Sheehan “Adhere” -Used 11 times|
|Time Keeper:||Susan McConnell|
|Vote Counter:||Katsuko Higashino|
|Ah Counter:||Liz DeCamp -Counted 15 crutch words|
|Camera Operator:||Keith Page|
|Table Topics:||Bill Collier|
|General Evaluator:||J.D. Perper|
|Joke Master:||Debbie Young|
Speakers and Evaluators:
Speech Title: A Well Known Supplement That May Be a No Brainer To Take For Overall Health
Speech Title: The Walls – Part 1
|Most Improved:||Jeff Hoehn|
|Best Table Topics:||George Kiser|
|Best Evaluator:||Callie Koehr|
|Best Speaker:||Elisa Wong|
Meeting Rating: 9.2
Meeting Adjourned: 7:45 PM
@Zoom: Jim Salih, Callie Koehr, Bill Collier, Liz De Camp, Sandy Roll, George Kiser, Rob Van Winkle, Kathy Denton, Sean Sheehan, Kat Higashino, Debbie Young, Kim Bond, Patrick Hunt, Elisa Wong, Nancy Alba
@Sunset: Bill Collier, Jerry Paul, Kat Higashino, Debbie Young, Keith Page, JD Perper, Jeff Hoehn, Susan McConnell
Submitted by Callie Koehr, Secretary