Meeting Minutes South County Toastmasters (#1957) – September 9, 2020
|Meeting Date:||September 9, 2020|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Regular Meeting – Theme: Schnitzels and Such|
|Meeting Location:||Hybrid Meeting – Some attending in person at the Sunset Hills Community Center, Some attending via Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:06 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||Jerry Paul|
|Submitted By:||Kathy Denton, Secretary|
- President – Jerry Paul –
- Minutes of the September 2 meeting were sent out, hearing no change requests they were approved as sent and posted.
- VPE – Kat Higashino :
- The 5th week of September will be a meeting to allow members to progress in Pathways. Kat needs more helpers and for members to bring guests. Contact Kat if you would like to volunteer.
- October Scheduling – Note that in the past if you did not reply to the scheduling request email you would get scheduled. This time if you do not reply Kat is assuming you won’t be at the meetings and will not schedule you. If you have questions contact Kat.
- VPM – Brent Stewart – Brent introduced Kallie Koehr and read her application for membership. She was welcomed into the club.
- VP-PR – Partick Hunt
- Secretary – Kathy Denton
- Treasurer – Kim Bond
- Dues of $76 are due by September 15th. Either bring your payment to a meeting in person and give it to Jerry Paul, or mail it to the address Kim Bond sent us in an email. Contact Kim Bond with any questions.
- Sergeant at Arms – Jim Salih
- Officer at Large – Susan McConnell
- Public Relations Committee – Patrick Hunt reported that there will be a luncheon held on Tuesday at the Sunset Hills Community Center. Contact Patrick if you have questions or would like to attend.
Unfinished Business: None
New Business: None
- The Toastmaster next week will be Brent Stewart.
- Kathy reported that we have achieved 3 of our goals toward President’s distinguished. They are for Pathways level 1s achieved, Administration (Sending in our new officer list and dues on time), and for achieving a level 4, 5, or DTM. The items we need to achieve more goals are Pathways levels 2s and 3s, and new members.
|Table Topics:||Patrick Hunt|
|General Evaluator:||Prathyush Viasaroopan (PV)|
|Time Keeper:||Kat Higashino|
|Ah Counter:||Keith Page – 18 uses of crutch words|
|Joke Master:||George Kiser|
|Vote Counter:||Jim Salih – Virtual|
|Camera Operator:||Brent Stewart|
Word of the Day: Bodacious used 9 times
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Jerry Paul||Bill Collier|
|2||Sandy Roll||Susan McConnell|
|3||Howard Brandt||Brent Stewart|
|Best Table Topics: Brent Stewart|
|Best Evaluator: Bill Collier|
|Best Speaker: Sandy Roll|
|Most Improved: Sandy Roll|
Meeting Rating: 8.9
Meeting Adjourned: 7:40 PM
Visitors: Callie Koehr (V) who joined tonight, Elisa Wong (V), and Liz DeCamp (V)
Member Attendance (V – Virtual, P – in Person):
|Bond, Kim – V|
|Brandt, Howard – P|
|Collier, Bill – P|
|Coupe, Donald – V|
|Denton, Kathy – V|
|Higashino, Kat – V|
|Hunt, Patrick – V|
|Kiser, George – V|
|Koehr, Callie – V|
|Mattison, Vic – P|
|McConnell, Susan – P|
|Paul, Jerry – V|
|Roll, Sandy – V|
|Salih, Jim – V|
|Sheehan, Sean – V|
|Stewart, Brent – P|
|Viasaroopan, Prathyush (PV) – V|
|VanWinkle, Rob – P|
Secretary’s Attendance Information: General Attendance: This week – 18 Members – 60 %