Meeting Minutes South County Toastmasters (#1957) – July 8, 2020
|Meeting Date:||July 8, 2020|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Regular Meeting – Theme: Cognition|
|Meeting Location:||Remote Video Meeting|
|Called to Order:||7:01 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||Jerry Paul|
|Submitted By:||Kathy Denton, Secretary|
- President – Jerry Paul – Minutes of the July 1 meeting were sent out, hearing no change requests they were approved as sent and posted.
- VPE – Kat Higashino –
- The last week of July is a special meeting. The club voted and approved to hold a Tall Tales contest that week.
- South County Toastmasters club 1957 was awarded the Online Ovation Education award at the Gold level by Toastmaster’s International for initiating virtual meetings between Jan 1 and June 30 of 2020 and for achieving 6 education goals based on the Distinguished Club Program.
- VPM – Brent Stewart
- VP-PR – Partick Hunt – See Committee reports
- Secretary – Kathy Denton
- Treasurer – Kim Bond
- Sergeant at Arms – Jim Salih
- Officer at Large – Susan McConnell
Committee Reports: Public Relations Committee: Patrick Hunt reported that:
- SCTM is joining the Sunset Hills Chamber of Commerce. The cost is $80 and was previously approved. The Chamber of Commerce will hold a luncheon on July 21 at 11 am, cost is $18. Contact Patrick for more information.
- Bob Mahacek sent an article to the Call Newspapers.
- Bill Collier and George Kiser are planning a golf outing. See the email from Bill dated July 8, 2020 and let Bill know if you plan to attend.
Unfinished Business: None
- Jerry Paul met with the Sunset Hills Community Center to discuss our options concerning the meeting room and times. Jerry will send an email to the club outlining the issues. We need to vote by July 18th. Please review Jerry’s email to be informed prior to the vote. Jerry said he does have availability of a zoom membership, cameras and a laptop to enable combined zoom and in person meetings when we are ready to go back to in person meetings.
- Keith Page was voted into the club as a new member. Welcome Keith! Victor Mattison is his mentor.
- Jerry informed us that the Officer’s make-up training will be held on July 23rd at 6 pm in zoom. It will be posted on the District 8 website soon. Officers who did not already attend training, should attend as it is necessary to attain the club officer training President’s Distinguished goal.
|Table Topics:||Sean Sheehan|
|General Evaluator:||Debbie Young|
|Time Keeper:||Sandy Roll|
|Ah Counter:||J. D. Perper|
|Joke Master:||Jim Salih|
|Vote Counter:||Prathyush Viasaroopan (PV)|
Word of the Day: Amicable used a couple of times
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Patrick Hunt||Kathy Denton|
|2||Jerry Paul||Victor Mattison|
|3||Steve Winheim||George Kiser|
|Best Table Topics:||Keith Page|
|Best Evaluator:||Victor Mattison|
|Best Speaker||Jerry Paul|
|Most Improved||Patrick Hunt|
Meeting Rating: 9.7
Meeting Adjourned: 8:45 PM
Secretary’s Attendance Information:General Attendance: This week – 19 Members – 65.5%