South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||February 19, 2020|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Regular Meeting – Theme: Procrastination is a God Given Right|
|Meeting Location:||Metropolitan Life Building|
|Called to Order:||7:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||Kathy Denton, Acting President|
|Submitted By:||Victor Mattison, Secretary|
- Debbie Young requested the purchase of 2500 perforated ballots which will cost about $150. The motion was seconded by George Kiser and the purchase was approved
- Jim Salih lead a discussion about a recognition event for Howard on our first night at the new location, March 4. He asked for approval to spend $50 on a cake to commemorate our new home and our founding member. The motion was seconded by Rich Puskarich and the purchase was approved. Jim said he would confirm Howard’s attendance before spending the money
- Kathy Denton, as VPE, announced that more paths have been completed and we’re very close to achieving our President’s Distinguished award.
- Victor Mattison reminded everyone we have only one more meeting after tonight’s before we relocate. Until we get used to the location and rules we are not expected to be in the space before 6:45pm though we’re allowed to congregate in the common areas in the foyer area. We will need to be out shortly after 9pm so we’ll need to work on the process to make that happen.
- Susan McConnell announced she will begin to promote the new location once we’ve moved and will be working to promote the upcoming Youth Leadership even this week and next.
- Kathy Denton told the club that we need a new events chairperson as she will not be able to fulfill that role again. Interested persons should see Kathy for more information.
- Jim Salih reminded everyone that dues will be due soon and they will be $76.00. More details will soon be sent by Patrick Hunt, Treasurer
- Debbie Young reminded the club the Area 4 Speech Contest will be held at the Grand Glaize Library this coming Saturday. Bill Collier and Victor Mattison will be representing our club. Jim Bubash will be competing representing the JeffCo Challengers club. The contest starts at 10am. Volunteers are needed.
- Jim Salih is again coordinating the Youth Leadership program which will start on March 10 and will include 8 (non-consecutive) Tuesdays. They will be non-consecutive due to some schedule conflicts on a couple Tuesday nights when the fire department will need the room. The program will be held at the Saline Valley Fire Department and will cost $10 per child.
- Kathy Denton said there’s a 5th Wednesday in April and suggested we start to think about what we want to do with that extra night.
- Kathy Denton shared that she will be speaking at the Washington University Law School about cyber security on March 4
|Table Topics:||Susan McConnell|
|General Evaluator:||Victor Mattison|
|Time Keeper:||Matt Clark|
|Camera Operator:||Leah Star|
|Invocator / CLE:||Seah Sheehan|
|Joke Master:||Jerry Paul|
|Hot Seat:||Jerry Paul|
|Vote Counter:||Donald Coupe|
|Ah Counter:||Zach Smelcer|
Word of the Day: Yeet, used 7 times
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Kat Higashino||Kathy Denton|
|2||Jeannie Spurgeon||Jim Salih|
|3||Bill Collier||Club Evaluation|
|4||Victor Mattison||Club Evaluation|
|Most Improved:||Kat Higashino|
|Best Table Topics:||Jim Salih|
|Best Evaluator:||Kathy Denton|
|Best Speaker||Bill Collier|
Meeting Rating: 9.7
Meeting Adjourned: 9:02 PM
- Dr. David (former Toastmaster)
Secretary’s Attendance Information:
- This week – 53.8%
- YTD average – 52.5%
- YTD highest weekly % – 64.1% on January 8, 2020
- YTD lowest weekly % – 41% on January 22, 2020
Members with more than 75% attendance:
Longest Current Attendance Streaks (consecutive meetings)