South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: July 24, 2019
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Busy Summers
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Victor Mattison, President
- President – No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- Rick Puskarich will hold an ask a VPE session on Wednesday, August 14th, 6:00. Members can come to the meeting early and ask the VPE about scheduling, pathways, etc.
- Make up officer training was held on Tuesday night. Three officers attended.
- There will be an SCTM officer meeting on July 31 at 6:00 before the regular meeting.
- Vic reminded that each officer should have a mentor. Please check with Vic if you do not have one.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Jim Salih stated as general information that SCTM has been meeting at the MetLife Building since 2006. Alan Kirby confirmed it.
- Kathy Denton suggested that members may not want to be fill-ins because that makes them ineligible for Table Topics. She suggested that we have a policy of letting fill-ins also be eligible for Table Topics.
- There will be a Youth Leadership in mid-September. The exact date and location are still to be determined.
|Toastmaster: Sarah Pitkin|
|Greeter: Howard Brandt|
|Invocator/CLE: J. D. Perper|
|Grammarian: Donna Jordan|
|Time Keeper: Sarah Xu|
|Vote Counter: Jim Salih|
|Ah Counter: Stanley Monteiro|
|Camera Operator: Samira Mudjzic|
|Table Topics: Mark K Spencer|
|General Evaluator: Alan Kirby|
|Joke Master: J.D. Perper|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Debbie Young||Mike McCarty|
|2||Beth Bridwell||Vic Mattison|
|3||Rich Puskarich||Kathy Denton|
|4||Alan Kirby||Brent Stewart|
|Most Improved:||Mike McCarty|
|Best Table Topics:||Jim Salih|
|Best Evaluator:||Kathy Denton|
|Best Speaker:||Rich Puskarich|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
|Jeannie SpurgeonBeth Bridwell was present also☒||☒|
Meeting Rating: 9.7
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 pm
Attendance: 23/ 38 members in attendance. – 61% attendance
Visitors: Patrick Hunt, Matt Clark, Adden LaCroix, Erica Connors
Submitted by Eli Hoxha, Secretary