South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 05/08/2019
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Coconut Cream Pie & Have a Coke Day
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- Minutes have not been mailed out. Postponed.
- Kathy Denton announced the club picnic was held May 5th. She requested reimbursement for meat purchase of 78.71. The club voted and approved the reimbursement.
- If anyone is open or interested in serving as an officer next term please contact one of the Nominating committee members.
- Jim Bubash is forming a committee for a combined club meeting, anyone who is interested in helping please contact Jim Bubash.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Geoff King elected as District 8 Growth Director.
- Victor Maddison and Jim Bubash gave an intro to Entrepreneurship.
- The SCTM Picnic was this past Sunday. Thanks to Kathy Denton for putting it together
- Jim Bubash as area coach is helping Jeffco Challengers increase membership and they will be holding an open house. Anyone interested in attending contact Jim.
- Brent Stewart spoke with Max Kaiser today and proposed a visit by members of South County Toastmasters on Thursday, May 16 at 6:45 p.m. Max was very positive about this. He is at Marymount Manor Nursing Home, 313 Augustine Rd., Eureka, MO 63025. To get there go west on I-44 to Highway 109 (Eureka exit) then double back onto eastbound I-44. Go to Williams Road (Exit 265), exit to Williams Rd., go to Augustine Rd., and go Left. (Hope these directions make sense.) Any Toastmaster who would like to go is welcome. We will just meet at the facility. (For you newer members, Max is a long time Toastmaster who has the amazing ability to speak on ANY subject.) Max has had major health issues since last November.
- Brent – it takes roughly 20 Toastmasters for a full meeting with 4 speeches and evaluators.
- Pathways Fun Fact – Those in Pathways you should be bringing an evaluation tool when you do a project.
|Toastmaster: Jim Bubash|
|Invocator/CLE: Howard Brandt|
|Grammarian: George Kiser – Word of the evening – Dominate|
|Time Keeper: Zach Smelcer|
|Vote Counter: Kathy Denton|
|Ah Counter: Alan Kirby|
|Camera Operator: Rich Puskarich|
|Table Topics: Sean Sheehan|
|General Evaluator: Jerry Paul|
|Joke Master: Bill Collier|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Sarah Xu – 10 min – Artificial Intelligence 101||Eli Hozha|
|2||Victor Mattison – Beginning Speaker||Michael McCarty|
|3||JD Perper – Hermit Brown||Debbie Young|
|Most Improved:||Eli Hoxha|
|Best Table Topics:||Alan Kirby|
|Best Evaluator:||Debbie Young|
|Best Speaker:||Sarah Xu|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Meeting Rating: 9.2
Meeting Adjourned: 8:53 pm
Attendance: 21 / 36 members in attendance. – 58% attendance
Visitors: Rylin Smelcer, Jonathan Zahner, Jason Murphey, Elizabeth, Donald Prepared by Kathy Denton, Officer at Large on behalf of