South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 2-27-19
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme:
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young – No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- President – Debbie Young – The topic of joint meetings with other clubs was discussed at the last Executive Committee Meeting. Debbie asked if there is any interest to operate or participate in joint club meetings with another chapter. Several members expressed interest in joint meetings so Debbie will put a committee together to look into it.
- Sean Sheehan – Kate will be unable to participate in the next round of the International Contest. JD Perper, runner up in the Club’s International Contest, will step up and participate instead. Jim Bubash confirmed all the necessary paperwork has been completed for JD to participate.
- Jim Bubash – The next level of the International Contest is scheduled for March 9th at Grant View Library near Grant’s Farm. Volunteers are needed
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Kathy Denton – If anyone wants to document speeches they’ve completed outside the Club just send Kathy the title, date and venue. This ties in for those participating in the Speaker’s Bureau or if you simply just want to record the speeches you’ve given. (Kathy sent a link to Google Docs to the Club Members after the meeting – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18cgji7YZYmpDJNQIMHkOpoaCFZXAhurbadPUlwtRpuo/edit?ts=5c77657b#gid=0)
- Sandy Roll – An SD card was found in the camera. Unfortunately the card will not run in the camera so we are unable to identify who owns the card. If you are missing your card it is in the box with the Club’s SD cards.
- Sandy Roll – Sandy will be unable to fill her speaker role on March 13th. (After the meeting, Donna Jordan agreed to assume Sandy’s speaker role on March 13th).
- Sean Sheehan – Urged our guest, Abdul, to visit us again.
|Grammarian:|| George Kiser – Word of the evening |
“contingent” as used 8 times.
|Time Keeper:||Sean Sheehan|
|Vote Counter:||Casey Hoffman|
|Ah Counter:|| Mike McCarty – Noted 12 crutch |
words & phrases used.
|Camera Operator:||Sandy Roll|
|Table Topics:||Alan Kirby|
|Competent Leader Evaluator:||J.D. Perper|
|General Evaluator:||Kathy Denton|
|Joke Master:||Howard Brandt|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Adam Kutell||Carl Hendrickson|
|2||Victor Mattison||Anne Hartupee|
|3||Donna Jordan||Debbie Young|
|4||Jim Bubash||Jim Salih|
|Most Improved:||Donna Jordan|
|Best Table Topics:||Debbie Young|
|Best Evaluator:||Debbie Young|
|Best Speaker:||Victor Mattison|
Meeting Rating: 9.15
Meeting Adjourned: 8: 58 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Attendance: 23/41 members present – 56% attendance
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary