South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 1/23/19
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme:
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- No corrections to last week’s meeting minutes. Approved as submitted.
- Treasurer – Bill Hurston – Membership dues are due April 1st – $51.
- Sargent at Arms – George Kiser – Noted some changes in tonight’s meeting as he’s trying to pare down the items he must bring to the meeting. The sign for the Voting Table is no longer being used and the Timer is displaying colored flags instead of the stoplight. The Timer also has 2 new buzzers and she’ll be testing both this evening. If anyone has suggestions regarding the forms George asked that they speak to him on break or after the meeting.
- Vice President of Education – JD Perper – Introduced himself as the “Go To” person for scheduling roles at the meeting and for gaining an understanding of the Pathways program.
- Sean Sheehan – International and Evaluation contest awards are being donated by Bill Collier/Arch Engraving. Contestants and Patterned speakers are needed. The winners of our contest will go on to the Area Contest March 9. Those winners will advance to Division A on April 27th and those winners will advance to District 8, which will be held May 23rd or 24th (Sean to confirm).
- Sarah Pitkin – Introduced a scale for the GE to use to rate the meetings with assigned values for each role. She asked each member to review and be ready to discuss next week. Debbie thanked Sarah for presenting the idea of having a scale for the GE to use for rating the meetings to bring them more value. Additionally, Debbie thanked her for not stopping there, but then taking the initiative to research options and to draft a proposal for member’s consideration.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Kathy Denton – Bestowed Geoff King with his 2 year longevity award. JD Perper was also given his 12 year longevity award.
- Geoff King – TLI Make-Up session is being held Monday February 11th near Ikea at 6:30 pm.
- Jim Salih – Webster College Speech contest is scheduled for this weekend. Tom Terrific will send out information with the details.
- Sarah Pitkin – Advised that if there is a buzz in the room when using the overhead there is a plug- in for the audio jack that will eliminate the noise.
|Invocator :||Victor Mattison|
|Grammarian:||Geoff King – Word of the evening “orchestrate”|
|Time Keeper:||Casey Hoffman|
|Vote Counter:||Zach Smelcer|
|Ah Counter:||Bill Hurston – 15 crutch words|
|Camera Operator:||Debbie Young|
|Table Topics:||Sarah Pitkin|
|Competent Leader Evaluator:||Victor Mattison|
|General Evaluator:||Carl Hendrickson|
|Joke Master:||Jerry Paul|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Alex Wegmann||Sean Sheehan|
|2||Sarah Xu||Sandy Roll|
|3||Kathy Denton||J.D. Perper|
|Most Improved:||Alex Wegmann|
|Best Table Topics:||Bill Collier|
|Best Evaluator:||Sean Sheehan|
|Best Speaker:||Sarah Xu|
Meeting Rating: 8.8
Meeting Adjourned: 8:49 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Next week’s meeting: JD read the role assignments for next week’s meeting
Attendance: 21 members present
Visitors: Samira Mujdzic and Eli Hoxha
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary