South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 1/16/19
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Welcoming Change
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young – President
- President – Debbie Young- No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- President – Debbie Young – The clubs focus for the next 6 months will be on mentoring and leadership
- Officer at Large – Kathy Denton – Offered to take longevity award photos during break for anyone who wished to have their picture taken with their award. A picture of the officers will be taken when all are present as J.D. Perper was ill
- Treasurer – Bill Hurston – Dues will be collected and submitted by 4/1/19. Mike McCarty was voted in as a new member last week – Bill apologized for not updating the Club’s on-line roster and he will ensure Mike receives his receipt for paying his dues.
- Contest Chair – Sean Sheehan – Last week the Club voted to hold the International Speech and Evaluation Contest 2/6/19. Numerous contestants are needed and all Club members and judges will vote for the best speech and evaluation. In order to be eligible for International Speaker members must complete 6 traditional speeches OR 2 Pathway speeches. Vote counter, judges, and a time keeper are needed.
- Tom Terrific – Every few years the Club must renew the Toastmasters.org website. Tom requested reimbursement for the $40 renewal fee. Motion was approved.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Jim Bubash – His term as Area Director expires at the end of June. The position requires the director to visit each club in the area twice per year (1 time every 6 months). A report needs to be filed after each meeting and attendance at district meetings is required. Area clubs vary, for example there are 5 in Jim’s area and they are spread out.
|Invocator / CLE:||Tom Terrific|
|Grammarian:||Debbie Young “Adaptable”|
|Time Keeper:||Rob Van Winkle|
|Vote Counter:||Krista Butler|
|Ah Counter:||Casey Hoffman|
|Camera Operator:||Jim Bubash|
|Table Topics:||Sandy Roll|
|General Evaluator:||Anne Hartupee|
|Joke Master:||Sean Sheehan|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Sarah Pitkin||Jerry Paul|
|2||Kate Schafroth||Bill Collier|
|3||Jim Salih||Alan Kirby|
|4||Donna Jordan||Kathy Denton|
|Most Improved:||Donna Jordan|
|Best Table Topics:||Sean Sheehan|
|Best Evaluator:||Alan Kirby|
|Best Speaker:||Sarah Pitkin|
Meeting Rating: 8
Meeting Adjourned: 9 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Attendance: 28/39 members present – 72% attendance
Guests: Jonathan Starr, Samira Mujdzic, Eli Hoxha, Dan Renner and Nareen Omar
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary