South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 10-3-18
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Real Life Heroes
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Brent, President
- President – Brent Stewart – South County Toastmasters marked its 43rd anniversary this week!
- President – Brent Stewart – No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- Bill Hurston – Treasurer – The dues collected so far have been submitted and several members have yet to pay.
- President – Brent Stewart – The club met 6 of the 9 chapter goals thus far.
- Vic Mattison proposed if a member is sick that we pay for his/her dues from our club treasury so they do not have the burden of worrying about that on top of their illness. Brett agreed to have the Executive Team review this at the next Board meeting.
- Sarah Pitkin announced receipt of 2 new member applications for: Casey Hoffman and Donna Jordan. Both ladies were voted in and inducted into the club. Their mentors are Debbie Young and Jim Bubash respectively.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Brett Stewart – Carl Hendrickson and Jack Bettag have both been ill. It may be a while before we see them again.
- Geoff King – Leadership Expo this weekend in lieu of the fall conference. It is Free! It is on October 6th 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Pre- registration closes tomorrow at noon. Check in at the event begins at 9:15. Great networking opportunity and the speakers are excellent.
- Jim Salih – Phil Gawlak is in his new space and Speech Crafters will be held there. The first session starting this week. Casey Hoffman is joining next week.
|Invocator / CLE:||Howard Brandt|
|Grammarian:||Sarah Pitkin, word of evening is “gumption”|
|Time Keeper:||Rich Puskarich|
|Vote Counter:||Debbie Young|
|Ah Counter:||Jim Salih|
|Camera Operator:||Geoff King|
|Table Topics:||Jerry Paul|
|Competent Leader Evaluator:||Debbie Young|
|General Evaluator:||Susan McConnell|
|Joke Master:||Sandy Dickson|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|2||Rob Van Winkle|
|Most Improved:||Sandy Roll|
|Best Table Topics:||Jim Salih|
|Best Evaluator:||Bill Hurston|
|Best Speaker:||Victor Mattison|
Meeting Rating: 9.4
Meeting Adjourned: 9:09 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☒|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Attendance: 20 / 41 members present – 49 % attendance
Visitors: Angie Braining, Heather Perkins, Michael Hernandez, Casey Hoffman, Donna Jordan (inducted this evening)
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary