South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: Sep. 12, 2018
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Music that Inspires
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Brent Stewart, President
- President – Brent Stewart – No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- President – Brent Stewart – no report
- Kathy Denton reported on the club picnic: it will be held Sunday, Sep 23, from 2:00 to ? at Crestwood Park: 9737 Meadowfern Dr. St. Louis, MO 63126 (note: please Google map it because it can be hard to find if this is your first visit). $100.00 total has already been appropriated for the picnic. $45.00 for the permit and $55.00 for the food. Chapter members are to bring potluck.
- The vacancy at the position of Sgt. At Arms was filled by Tom Boyland, unanimously accepted. Other Toastmasters are encouraged to assist him both before and after the meeting.
- It was decided not to have a meeting on Halloween, Oct. 31.
- Stephan Baker was accepted as a new member effective October 1. Sarah Pitkin is his temporary mentor until a full-time mentor can be assigned.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Geofff King asked if anyone wanted to be a Toastmaster Area Director. There is an opening in Geoff’s Division and he will be your division governor.
- The six month dues of $51.00 are due by October 1. Make checks payable to South County Toastmasters – give or mail the check to Bill Hurston.
- There is an Executive Committee meeting scheduled for Sep 19 at 6:00 p.m.
- Jim Salih: Speechcraft runs on Wednesdays, Oct, 3, 10, 17, 24, skipping October 31, with graduation on November 7. Time: from 6:00 pm until the regular meeting starts. The session will be held in a different part of our meeting area. $30.00for non-members with all money being used towards membership if the participant joins. The course is free to members.
- See Mary K Spencer to get a youth enrolled in her Youth Leadership which starts soon. They run on Tuesday nights at 7:00 at Phil Gawlak’s Achieve Wellness business.
|Invocator / CLE:||Sandy Dickson|
|Time Keeper:||George Kiser|
|Vote Counter:||Kathy Denton|
|Ah Counter:||Debbie Young|
|Camera Operator:||Geoff King|
|Table Topics:||Vic Mattison|
|Competent Leader Evaluator:||Sandy Dickson (same as above)|
|General Evaluator:||Brent Stewart|
|Joke Master:||Sean Sheehan|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Jerry Paul||Rob VanWinkle|
|2||Susan McConnell||Mary K Spencer|
|3||Tom Boyland||Tom Terrific|
|4||Stephan Baker||Jim Salih|
|Most Improved:||Tom Boyland|
|Best Table Topics:||Sandy Dickson|
|Best Evaluator:||Tom Terrific|
|Best Speaker:||Susan McConnell|
Meeting Rating: 9.55 (yes it is a 9.55, don’t ask)
Schedule for Next Week’s Meeting:
Meeting Adjourned: 8:55 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||x|
Attendance: 19 / 41 members present – 46 % attendance
Visitors: Donna Jordan, Stephan Baker (who joined the club this night) Julio Oliveria, John Keith
Documented by: Jim Salih and submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary