South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: February 14, 2018
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Love
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Rob Van Winkle, President
- President – Rob Van Winkle – No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted
- President – Rob Van Winkle – Today is Valentine’s Day. He gets chocolate covered strawberries for his wife each year
- Debbie Young – Pathways program information is now available on the Toastmasters web site. She can help with directions on how to log in to the site if you want to review it. Evaluation of a Pathways speech is done differently than traditional evaluations done heretofore.
- Susan McConnell –Thanks to whoever helped last week set up everything when she couldn’t perform the Sargeant at Arms duties. If anyone can get to the meetings at 6 pm to help her set up, that would be appreciated. Steve Winheim and Rob Van Winkle echoed these sentiments and added that help at end of meetings putting everything away is also appreciated.
- John Fetter has applied for membership. He has paid the membership dues. Debbie Young read his application. Sean Sheehan moved to admit him and Mark Esswein seconded. He was unanimously admitted. Stacie Duncan will be his mentor.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Sarah Pitkin – Our open house is next week. She has fliers that we can pass out. She recommends we keep business meeting short this week to maximize time for guest introductions and break. Networking reception will be 30 minutes before the meeting starts.
- Adam – Competitive Speakers STL is the other club he belongs to. It will have an open house next Tuesday. All are welcome to come. To be eligible to be a member of that club, one must also be a member of another club.
- Jean Broida – Will be a contestant in the evaluator portion of our speech contest in 2 weeks.
- Victor Mattison – reminder/suggestion/pleading – Try not to use ‘reply to all’ unless necessary to share with the whole group. There have recently been many emails sent that don’t need to be shared with the whole group.
|Invocator / CLE:||Howard Brandt/ Debbie Young|
|Grammarian:||Mary K. Spencer – Word of the evening, blench, was used 3 times tonight|
|Time Keeper:||Jack Bettag|
|Vote Counter:||Susan McConnell/Adila Zafer|
|Ah Counter:||Steve Winheim – 28 crutch words used tonight|
|Camera Operator:||Gary Brown|
|Table Topics:||Phil Gawlik – Janet Bold, Adila Zafer, Adam Kutell, Victor Mattison, John Fetter, Debbie Young, Mary K. Spencer, Rob Van Winkle, Mark Esswein|
|General Evaluator:||Victor Mattison|
|Joke Master:||Steve Winheim|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Stacie Duncan||Jean Broida|
|2||George Kiser||Adam Kutell|
|3||Jerry Paul||Mark Esswein|
|Most Improved:||Stacie Duncan|
|Best Table Topics:||Victor Mattison|
|Best Evaluator:||Adam Kutell|
|Best Speaker:||Jerry Paul|
Meeting Rating: 9.75
Schedule for Next Week’s Meeting – Read by Debbie Young
Meeting Adjourned: 8:55 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Attendance: 22 / 41 members present – 53.66 % attendance
Visitors: John Fetter
Submitted by Sean Sheehan, Secretary
One thought on “Meeting Minutes – February 14, 2018”
What is a speech contest evaluator, ref Jean Broida below. Thanks. Alan
Sent from my iPhone