South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: October 4, 2017
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: “Once upon a time”
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Kathy Denton, President
- Sarah gave an update around the member attendance survey – feedback is overall positive, most members that have not been making it are due to family, work, travel, etc.
- Kathy brought to club’s attention our goals for distinguished club award. Our goals should be accomplished by June 30 of next year. The goal needing the most attention is recruiting at least 4 new members. Please try to promote the club whenever possible.
- Bring a guest night is in 2 weeks – October 18 – a signup sheet is going around to sign up for refreshments and snacks. Please try to bring as many guests as you can for this event.
New Business: NONE
- Youth leadership is going well. Three sessions complete. The 5th and final session will be November 15 at Phil’s achieve wellness gym off Telegraph at 7 pm.
- Division A contest is Saturday, October 14 at the Jefferson County library Arnold branch. Doors open at noon, briefings at 1 pm, contest starts at 1:30.
- 1701 Missouri State Road, Arnold, MO 63010
|Invocator / CLE:||Geoff King|
|Grammarian:||Alan Kirby (“Perspicacious” – used 21 times)|
|Time Keeper:||Judy Sowers|
|Vote Counter:||Steve Winheim|
|Ah Counter:||Mark Esswein (11 crutch words used)|
|Camera Operator:||James Graves|
|Table Topics:||Jim Salih|
|General Evaluator:||Tim Sullivan|
|Joke Master:||Susan McConnell|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Sarah Pitkin||Brent Stewart|
|2||Kathy Denton||Sean Sheehan|
|3||Victor Mattison||Max Kaiser|
|Most Improved:||Sarah Pitkin|
|Best Table Topics:||Mark Esswein|
|Best Evaluator:||Max Kaiser|
|Best Speaker:||Victor Mattison|
Meeting Rating: 9.1
Meeting Adjourned: 8:55 PM
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☒|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Attendance: 22 / 47 members present – 46.8% attendance
Submitted by Sarah Pitkin, Secretary