South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: September 20, 2017
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: “Rocks”
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Kathy Denton, President
- This fall will be our final fall conference. Toastmasters International is changing the way they’re doing things, and we’re waiting for more detailed information on the changes.
- They would like directors and area directors to be more involved, which is one reason we know why they are discontinuing these contests
- Rich reminded the club about dues. They are $51 per person due ASAP to Rich made out to South County Toastmasters.
- Geoff announced that Kathy and George Kiser are moving on to the Division A contest
Committee Reports: NONE
Unfinished Business: NONE
- Tim Sullivan is putting together a list of current member interested in being mentors. Please let him know if you’d like to be added to that list so we can be ready when new members join.
- Stacy let everyone know that the youth leadership started last night (Tuesday, September 19)
- If we’d like to secure a spot for next year in the spring we need to put in reservations soon – it would be 10$ a night to reserve
- George thanked Geoff King for putting on the Area speech contest this past Saturday and it was a well-organized fantastic event.
- Bill Collier congratulated Vic Mattison on his area contest as well, which was also a very well put together event. Great job, Vic!
- Kathy would like the club to try and tear the vote tablets in between speakers and evaluators to avoid noise during speaking.
|Invocator / CLE:||Rob Van Winkle|
|Grammarian:||Vic Mattison (“Travesty” – used 10 times)|
|Time Keeper:||Judy Sowers|
|Vote Counter:||Mark Esswein|
|Ah Counter:||Nancy Haparimwi (8 crutch words used)|
|Camera Operator:||Susan McConnell|
|Table Topics:||Bill Collier|
|General Evaluator:||Stacy Duncan|
|Joke Master:||Sean Sheehan|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Gary Brown||Eric Clark|
|2||Brent Stewart||Mary K Spencer|
|3||Victor Mattison||Tom Terrific|
|4||Tim Sullivan||Kate Schafroth|
|Most Improved:||Eric Clark|
|Best Table Topics:||George Kiser|
|Best Evaluator:||Tom Terrific|
|Best Speaker:||Victor Mattison|
Meeting Rating: 10
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 PM
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Attendance: 26 / 47 members present – 55.2% attendance
- Tanner Trokie –
- Was here two weeks ago, came back to explore it again – wants to get outside his comfort zone
Submitted by Sarah Pitkin, Secretary